No announcement yet.

Obscure movies thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
    Blue Velvet is a good one if you like surreal type movies.

Or any David Lynch flick for that matter. Though some are better than others and a few could be a bit pretentious for some I'm sure.
    I might check out some David Lynch at some point. Have you seen any or Twin Peaks? I heard in the new season they did Agent Cooper finally gets out of the Black Lodge and then there's some other kind of weird, trippy scene at the end with time travel and Laura Palmer? If so, did you like it? Some fans did, some didn't. Sounded pretty good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      I might check out some David Lynch at some point. Have you seen any or Twin Peaks? I heard in the new season they did Agent Cooper finally gets out of the Black Lodge and then there's some other kind of weird, trippy scene at the end with time travel and Laura Palmer? If so, did you like it? Some fans did, some didn't. Sounded pretty good to me.
      I've seen the original 2 seasons at least twice and the new season I watched as it aired. I liked it but it felt kinda weird and not in the good Lynch way.

Yes both Cooper and BOB get out of the Black Lodge and there's some new convoluted characters and even a cameo by Michael Cera. It kinda falls apart and ends strangely but if you're a diehard fan you'll probably either like it or hate it or very doubtfully love it. It was quite polarizing I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
        I've seen the original 2 seasons at least twice and the new season I watched as it aired. I liked it but it felt kinda weird and not in the good Lynch way.

Yes both Cooper and BOB get out of the Black Lodge and there's some new convoluted characters and even a cameo by Michael Cera. It kinda falls apart and ends strangely but if you're a diehard fan you'll probably either like it or hate it or very doubtfully love it. It was quite polarizing I heard.
        Well I read the plot summary on Wikipedia and it sounds like a good way to end the series. I mean, Cooper already solved the murder previously, now this time he makes it out of the Black Lodge finally. With Lynch, it was never going to be completely cut and dry. Kind of like the last episode of Ash vs. Evil Dead. There was always going to be some kind of cliffhanger element to it because that's the nature of the show and main character.

Comment

Seen it once when I was a kid, it was in a stack of videos rented from Block Buster 'The movie kind of stuck in my mind, but it is not something I would go out of my way to watch again'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 11-20-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
            Nice pick my man!

EDIT: Ooops. I shouldn't really be posting ish from the Pick Em account, but Imma let it slide since it's a kinda neutral topic. Was just about to get going on updating the leaderboard.
            lol, thanks dude

Comment

Slumber Party Massacre
              Silent Night, Deadly Night
              Chopping Mall
              Sorority Babes at the Sllimeball Bowlerama
              Night of the Comet

Comment

The Antichrist
                Feed
                Nemesis

Comment

Cube 1 is one of the trippiest movies ive seen on drugs.

Comment

Lone Star.

Twilight Samurai. Only seen it once; impossible to find anywhere, even a DVD.

Comment

Working...
                    X