No announcement yet.

2019 MLB World Series Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    I thought it was pretty entertaining. Haha. I think a win is a win and he has every right to gloat. If the Yanks make him pay, fine, but he may not get another chance to do that. Why not take advantage?
    I think they’re fun to watch. Bat flips, mesmerizing homers, slow trots. But the way Correa celebrated looked like the Astros won the ALCS. It was just too much, especially for a mere 3-2 win coming off a 7-0 loss where the Yankees did not gloat at all at that beating with any of the homers. Correa did a 2003 Aaron Boone ALCS game 7 celebration for a game 2 win that tied the series 1-1.

I’m not against showboating, i’m just kinda scratching my head at him doing it in game 2, and doing it like that. Usually gloating like that comes from teams with animosity towards eachother, and there’s none between Yanks and Astros. I’m not sure if he’s trying to make the Yankees mad and wake their bats up and make Severino and the rest of the pitching staff pitch with some venom in this 3 game Yankee Stadium homestand. Because I think that’s what may happen.

Comment

• Wash DC hasn't had a team in the WS since 1933, haven't won since 1924. Maybe there will be a groundswell of support for the underdog, but not with that bish ass punk Fernando Rodney with the crooked hat and the archery show is on the Nats.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I think they’re fun to watch. Bat flips, mesmerizing homers, slow trots. But the way Correa celebrated looked like the Astros won the ALCS. It was just too much, especially for a mere 3-2 win coming off a 7-0 loss where the Yankees did not gloat at all at that beating with any of the homers. Correa did a 2003 Aaron Boone ALCS game 7 celebration for a game 2 win that tied the series 1-1.

I’m not against showboating, i’m just kinda scratching my head at him doing it in game 2, and doing it like that. Usually gloating like that comes from teams with animosity towards eachother, and there’s none between Yanks and Astros. I’m not sure if he’s trying to make the Yankees mad and wake their bats up and make Severino and the rest of the pitching staff pitch with some venom in this 3 game Yankee Stadium homestand. Because I think that’s what may happen.
        Yeah, that's cool. I can see your point. It is a bit early for sure. It's gonna be interesting to see this one play out. They are two great teams.

Comment

• That was so frustrating. They had great at bats vs Cole, got on base plenty of times. Just never came through. The next game is a must win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore View Post
            This is on Dave Roberts.

Roberts has made questionable decisions in every postseason that has hurt the team's WS chances and the time to make a change was this past offseason. Kershaw just doesn't have what it takes to get to the next level, and his fastball gets worse each season. Same with Jansen. Seager may need to be jettisoned before his value really starts to plummet. Buehler has the bulldog mentality you want from an ace. I don't think the front office needs major changes, but they definitely need to re-evaluate their roster building. They've built and handled a pitching staff that's great for the regular season because you can mask a lot of deficiencies in a long season, but the playoffs is a different beast and Roberts continues to put players in roles that they're not comfortable doing. There's going to have to be some big changes in the offseason. Buehler got no help and he's pitched gems each outing. He reminds me of a prime Madison Bumgarner, where he pitches above average numbers in the regular season, but is an elite ace in the postseason.
            Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            There is NO WAY that Kershaw should have been allowed to pitch the next inning after he struck out the last hitter of the inning. Or, there is NO WAY that Kershaw should have been allowed to pitch after he gave up the first home run. There is NO WAY that Kelly should have pitched a second inning. I don't have the data in front of me, but I've seen his second inning pitched ERA and it's horrible.

The only thing a manager has to do now is to manage his bullpen, which is of paramount importance in the post season. Like Hannibal, Roberts can win the battles but not the war.

i agree with you guys, Roberts makes some bad decisions, and Kershaw sucks in the playoffs. Buehler was great, though, he almost won those games by himself.

i'd like to see a Nats / 'Stros world series, both teams have great pitching and lol the Nats used to be the Montreal Lesbos who have never made a world series appearance

Comment

• Originally posted by phallus View Post
              i agree with you guys, Roberts makes some bad decisions, and Kershaw sucks in the playoffs. Buehler was great, though, he almost won those games by himself.

i'd like to see a Nats / 'Stros world series, both teams have great pitching and lol the Nats used to be the Montreal Lesbos who have never made a world series appearance
              I went to a game in Montreal back in 1971. I can recall that the stadium was more of a minor league stadium but the fans were very much into the team.

Comment

• The Nats will be well rested when the World Series starts, the ALCS is probably going 6 or 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                  The Nats will be well rested when the World Series starts, the ALCS is probably going 6 or 7.
                  Yeah, they can take it easy and rest up. I think they have a great chance here but I don't know. The Yanks or Astros may be too much. Of course, the Dodgers will look a lot better if they win the whole thing. I'm happy for the Nats to be entering their first World series though. I like new teams making their mark. It's getting interesting...

Comment

• How about that weather, fellows?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X