Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

England just won cricket F***ing worldcup!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Yeah. i don't see why another super over couldn't have been played.
    I was so glad/relieved when we won that match, but the look on the New Zealanders faces was hard to bare, they'd scrapped so hard these last 2 games, I'm sure it was easier to take getting blown out by Australia in the last final than this, to lose on a technicality.

Still, a line has to be drawn somewhere. They put a 5 day limit on tests after they used to go on for weeks on occasion back in the day, and the slow over sanctions now, then introduced the 50 over and 20 over games so the sport could be played in a timely fashion and people could get on with their day. The odds of an exact tie in a 50 over games, then an exact tie on a super over must be microscopic, what if there was another tie, how many do you play? The game had already overrun massively. It's still a better shake than the South Africans got in 1999.

As for the runs when the ball hit Stokes, if he didn't change his line I don't see an issue people could have, its the same as any overthrows, there's always the risk, they didn't need the wicket at that point they'd have been better off saving the runs.

Fate was cruel to New Zealand on this occasion, but on the other hand, they benefitted from the structure that allowed then to go through to the semis instead of Pakistan, despite losing to them, because someone deemed net run rate was the decider in result of a tie in that circumstance. They also got a bit of luck with their semi against India getting stopped for rain when India had them on the ropes and they were able to come back on a fresh day when India seemed to have lost their edge. And the rain that allowed them to get a point for a tie against India while Pakistan a point against Sri Lanka when I'd have picked India and Pakistan to win those games. So they did get a bit of help from the rules aswell.

Comment

england was very lucky. same mistakes, but they got away with it. again.

Comment

Originally posted by Redsox View Post
        england was very lucky. same mistakes, but they got away with it. again.
        They were but over the course of that tournament they deserved it. The Stokes 6 was an absolute freak.

Smashed Australia in the semi, New Zealand in the group, and India in the group and have been doing so in 50 over credit for quite a long time now.

The issue was winning the toss and batting first particularly at Lords was a crucial.

On another day England win the toss and it’s probably a procession
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-15-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

That pitch really suited New Zealand and they won the toss too. Slow green pitch with overcast conditions. Funnily enough if Broad and Anderson had played on that I think they could've caused havoc with the new ball. Most of the England batsmen were struggling to hit De Grandholme's slow dobbers off the square and only Butler played fluently from start to finish.

As much as I wanted England to win though New Zealand were extremely unlucky in both this final and the group stage match and I felt a little bad for them.

Comment

Nobody gives a fuck.
            Cricket is a f
            ucking faggot sport.

No wonder the UK rat f
            aggots won it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              Nobody gives a fuck.
              Cricket is a f
              ucking faggot sport.

No wonder the UK rat f
              aggots won it.
              8 million people watching it in the UK. It's the second most popular sport in the world. People like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                How many 5 wicket hauls to you think Jofra is gonna get in the Ashes?
                I think he puts at least two Aussies batsmen in hospital. Hopefully it'll be Warner and Smith. F****** cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  8 million people watching it in the UK. It's the second most popular sport in the world. People like it.
                  That’s because half of England is Indian or Pakistani. The countries that started cricket in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                    That’s because half of England is Indian or Pakistani. The countries that started cricket in the first place
                    Nah, the English created cricket and took the game it to the empire.

Comment

Awesome they named the sport after an American bug.

Comment

Working...
                      X