Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

England just won cricket F***ing worldcup!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I still can’t believe the Aussies nearly won at Edgbaston, lol.

Last wicket stand for 50 ffs. The most English thing ever if they lost that.

Yeah I’m sure you’re right. I might get more excited about the Ashes the closer it gets.

But these Aussies aren’t the same to me. I know they cheated with Smith and Warner but even those two are vanilla. Mitchell Stark isn’t Glenn McGrath. Smith ain’t Ricky Ponting. There’s no legend like Shane Warne to wipe England out. Or Adam Gilchrist to take us apart.

They might beat us but they’re pretty meh.

Hope Jason Roy gets picked against them too otherwise it might get a bit tepid
    Originally posted by denium View Post
    Indians have always had brilliant individuals, usually batsmen, but have never produced a truly dominant team.

1970–late 80’s were dominated by the West Indians, and Mid 90′-2007 ish were dominated by Australia.

Since then, no team has really dominated, but one of the big three (India, England, Australia) are usually ranked #1.

India will eventually dominate cricket due to the insane amount of money in Indian cricket nowadays, India as a country is becoming more prosperous, more money is pumped into the domestic setup etc and you can already see the results.

India used to get destroyed whenever they traveled overseas because they were flat track bullies who couldn't handle any ball movement, but now they'll compete with anyone.
    I guess my previous generation reminisce the WIs from 70s-80s.

My generation we reminisce the 90s-00s era

Ambrose, McGrath, Akram, Warne, Sachin, Lara, Ponting
    would be legends in any era if you were to put them but I can't say the same for the current breed of players.

No Root is going to defend for days to save a test match like Dravid nor Starc would bowl like Garner/Ambrose. They aren't even as skilled nor have the temperament..

Somehow you feel with the new generation they don't have the same skill perfection as their previous generation but they get the job done.
    Also the fact that cricket fanaticism is T20 first, ODI next and then barely gets a test match recognition if it's not the Ashes, makes the players train themselves for fan favorite games like T20 instead of a test match.
    Last edited by BoxingFan85; 07-17-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• That Ashes defo needs a bit of X-Factor if England are to capitalise on momentum caused by winning the World Cup.

But you can just see a load of draws.

Comment

• That Ashes defo needs a bit of X-Factor if England are to capitalise on momentum caused by winning the World Cup.

Comment

• Don't know much about Cricket, but I remember someone posted this vid at another message board I frequent and thought it was funny as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
            I'm still annoyed about your boys beating us in the World T20 final.....****ing Carlos Brathwaite

Great player tho.
            Braithwaite aint nothing special but that last over against Stokes in the T20 final was legendary. Marlon Samuels also taunted Stokes at the end of that match. Good stuff it was!

Braithwaite almost did the same against New Zealand in this World Cup.

The guy who caught him was the one who caught Stokes but stepped on the boundary and gave up a six in the finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore View Post
              Don't know much about Cricket, but I remember someone posted this vid at another message board I frequent and thought it was funny as hell.

That's Cotterell. He is a Jamaican and a member of our army(JDF) hence the salute celebration.

Black folks always bringing the style.

Comment

It’s cricket though
                What? it took a New Zealander(Stokes) and a West indian(Jofra) to win England a World Cup? Looks sketchy to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  What? it took a New Zealander(Stokes) and a West indian(Jofra) to win England a World Cup? Looks sketchy to me.
                  And Roy.

And Morgan!

Don’t forget them

Comment

And Roy.

And Morgan!

Don’t forget them
                    Roy is a saffer and Morgan is Irish!

Comment

That Ashes defo needs a bit of X-Factor if England are to capitalise on momentum caused by winning the World Cup.

Smith will bat England into oblivion and there won’t be any draws

Will be a repeat of last Ashes

Comment

Working...
                      X