Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me decide once and for all: Which is better, Chrome or Firefox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
    Brave x DuckDuckGo + ProtonMail = Win
    ill do you one better.

VPN + Brave (same **** as chrome with adblocker and a custom DNS but whatever) + duckduckgo + ProtonMail + Wickr = WIN

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
      ill do you one better.

VPN + Brave (same **** as chrome with adblocker and a custom DNS but whatever) + duckduckgo + ProtonMail + Wickr = WIN
      I'm too much of cheap bastard to buy a VPN but Wickr looks interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        Im on Mint. its aight i guess
        You have my respect for using Linux. Anyone who wants any bells and whistles and pretty pictures should know they come at a price.

Comment

I was a big Firefox fan until they removed legacy add-on support. We're talking about over a thousand plugins one day suddenly not supported in later versions. There was a huge backlash because of this. I never thought the day would come where I would part ways with Mozilla and join the dark side.

From an objective viewpoint, I've run Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10, Linux Mint on both a laptop and various desktops. I can tell you that without a doubt Chrome runs faster. In fact, it's a speed difference that's noticeable especially if you're browsing YouTube.

On Mobile, Chrome is also faster. Firefox is painfully slow at times and plain refuses to load some pages. This will only get worse on the future as more and more web developers design sites around Chrome.

The only advantage Firefox has over Chrome is ads on mobile phones. For example, you can install the adblock plugin for Firefox on your mobile but can only install it for Chrome on a laptop, tablet or desktop which is unethical IMHO.

Opera is a great alternative and runs just as fast Chrome, if not faster. Edge is quite nifty too but still has the stigma of being part of the Microsoft and Internet Explorer line - it's actually quite decent.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            You have my respect for using Linux. Anyone who wants any bells and whistles and pretty pictures should know they come at a price.

Well for a living im a system engineer so i get to mess with so many OS and technologies

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              Well for a living im a system engineer so i get to mess with so many OS and technologies
              In my limited experience, as someone who would listen to those with computer knowledge and pick up what I could, all the smart computer savy individuals always used Linux and Unix systems because of security issues. I was around when the computers started to become widespread...i still remember the system prior to DOS lol.

I also remember computer labs where you could type your paper on a computer...and it took like ten disks lol! one time there was a power surge and everyone lost their work.

People love the bells and whistles but thats how a lot of hackers get it, or so I was told.

Comment

Working...
              X