No announcement yet.

How Often Do You Think about Death and the Afterlife

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
    Whenever i'm going through a rough time in life, or I have to face or do something terrifying or difficult...

I focus on dying... I remind myself that one day i'm going to be dead forever.

It's like replacing a fear with an even bigger fear, and once I reach that state of mind I can do anything fearlessly, because the scariest thing is at the end.. not right now.

The time for fear will come later.
    That makes sense. Yolo

Random question
    So which one are you a DC fan or a marvel fan?

Comment

Because not being, not feeling , not existing, not remembering, for all eternity is scary lol?

Eternal nothingness, is scary.
      No it isn't. We will not be aware of it, so what's there to fear.

Do you fear falling asleep?

Comment

Whenever i'm going through a rough time in life, or I have to face or do something terrifying or difficult...

I focus on dying... I remind myself that one day i'm going to be dead forever.

It's like replacing a fear with an even bigger fear, and once I reach that state of mind I can do anything fearlessly, because the scariest thing is at the end.. not right now.

The time for fear will come later.
        Damn, Well said. i find myself agreeing with most of your thoughts when i see them.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Serious question. How often do you think about death ?

Do you have a will?

Do you want to be creamated or buried ?

Do you believe in a Afterlife ?

Are you reilgious? If so what's your reilgion?

Do you believe or see ghost ?

Have you ever been a near death accident?

Are you scared of dying ?

What age do you want to leave this Earth ?

If you had a choice to live for ever would you take it ?

no, i dont have a will

buried

yes i do

i was raised catholic but im not really catholic. but i do believe in god, but i think god is not anything humans think and portray him to be

50/50

yes

only a person who has nothing going on in their life isnt. im not afraid of the act of dying, im afraid of not living anymore. i love life.

no. as much as i love life i believe our lifespan is as long as it is for a reason
          Last edited by Szef; 06-07-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I've died three motha****in times never thought twice about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              no, i dont have a will

buried

yes i do

i was raised catholic but im not really catholic. but i do believe in god, but i think god is not anything humans think and portray him to be

50/50

yes

only a person who has nothing going on in their life isnt. im not afraid of the act of dying, im afraid of not living anymore. i love life.

no. as much as i love life i believe our lifespan is as long as it is for a reason

Thanks for your insight.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                That makes sense. Yolo

Random question
                So which one are you a DC fan or a marvel fan?
                DC and Marvel both have good stories, but If I had to choose, DC. DC has the deeper more complex, grander, larger ideas and stories.

Darkseid is the most interesting to me, because if you dig into the deeply supernatural and cerebral realities of DC, you can find traces of Darkseid everywhere... he's more than what he appears, he's one of the ancient en****** and beings, and his origin is far beyond the physical world. His purpose in existence is to discover the anti life equation and when he does, he would surpass death itself.

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                No it isn't. We will not be aware of it, so what's there to fear.

Do you fear falling asleep?
                It's not the "being dead" that's scary bro

It's the never being alive forever that is.

Do I fear falling asleep? No. I fear never waking up.

Comment

We are infinite consciousness in a temporary physical body look it up.

Comment

DC and Marvel both have good stories, but If I had to choose, DC. DC has the deeper more complex, grander, larger ideas and stories.

Darkseid is the most interesting to me, because if you dig into the deeply supernatural and cerebral realities of DC, you can find traces of Darkseid everywhere... he's more than what he appears, he's one of the ancient en****** and beings, and his origin is far beyond the physical world. His purpose in existence is to discover the anti life equation and when he does, he would surpass death itself.

It's not the "being dead" that's scary bro

It's the never being alive forever that is.

Do I fear falling asleep? No. I fear never waking up.
                    Red - i can see you hating that outcome but i cant see why you would fear it.

Comment

I don’t know how much I think about the afterlife. I think about suicide a lot.

Now, I don’t consider myself suicidal. I had a gun for the past 6 months. If I really wanted to kill myself, I would’ve done it already. I just think about how I would want to kill myself, who would be at my funeral. What people would think.

I think I would commit suicide if I was old enough. Who would want to be alive after 80 yrs old and can’t do anything anymore?

Or if I’m a virgin in my 50’s and super lonely, then I’d probably kill myself. At that point, it can’t be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X