No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Anything before 1776, you're going to have to go after the British government for reparations I'm afraid.
    That's possible too but if there are trails that link current American institutions to that time. They will be liable.

Comment

Anything before 1776, you're going to have to go after the British government for reparations I'm afraid.
      The rapid development of the original colonies which lead to the development of America was fueled by free enslaved Black labour. So we can trace it back to those original colonies.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        That's possible too but if there are trails that link current American institutions to that time. They will be liable.
        So do you want to change your mind about agreeing with this post?

First of all, the American Government still exists. It is the American Government that would be the defendant in this case.

Comment

• No but i will add "and the British government" to that. Thanks for reminding us that when it comes to America, they are on the hook too.

in Jamaica, we only the Briitsh government on the hook.

Comment

So do you want to change your mind about agreeing with this post?
            The post is correct.

Slavery ended in 1865. The United States was created in 1776. What do you think the 3/5ths compromise was about?

I don't see what's so hard to understand here.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              I've never been a slave. Your ignorance isn't surprising since you sniff glue, which is clear since you literally are incapable of getting anything right.

But but but, Andrew Johnson was a Republican doe

Did you ever come to terms with Dempsey running away from Harry Wills or nah
              - -OK, you agree no reparations for you and a lifetime of glue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                SMH

Did Americans FORCE Africa to sell off their own people ?!?!?!?
                It's the same old irrelevant argument that you are trying to make, and it fails miserably. Once again.

1. That Africa played a part in the slave trade does not absolve the United States from the part it played in slavery.

If your father was abducted by kidnappers and I bought your father from them and proceeded to force him into labor and kick the shlt out of him every other day....

Does that mean I am absolved from all wrongdoing because it was someone else who abducted him?

Or course not. That's ******ed.

2. Not all slaves were sold by Africans. Some were taken directly by Europeans.

3. The importation of slaves from Africa was banned in 1808. That means, of course and obviously, that America was breeding its own slaves (not only since 1808, but since America existed), which takes Africa completely out of the equation, but everyone who has posted on the opposite opinion of mine refuses to even acknowledge that I've typed this over and over.

4. An argument can be made that, yes, America did force Africans to sell Africans because the market they created for slaves is what coerced African tribes to sell Africans for fear that if they didn't, they would be either enslaved themselves, conquered, or completely eradicated.

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                Did Americans even put the thought in Africans heads ?!?!?
                Europeans certainly did. But again, what's the point? Are you now saying, going with my above example, that I'd only be held responsible for enslaving and kicking the shlt out your pops if I put it in the dude's head whom I bought him from to kidnap him?

That's nonsensical, and I think you know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  - -OK, you agree no reparations for you and a lifetime of glue.
                  The way I've been owning you in these threads, how about you start calling me Massa and begging for reparations.

Dismissed, dummy.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Okay Elroy, let's do this.

Did they work for centuries for free in America?
                    - -Scarely a smattering of slaves in America circa 1776.

And no, they had been sold to Muslim slave traders for centuries til the few Europeans were involved and most went to the Caribean and South America. In 1812 there were still few slaves in America and zero in Mississippi. It wasn't until it was discovered that the South was perfect for cotton that the Slave trade took off here, but that was killed when Congess prohibited importation of slaves whereby they soon became more valuable than the most expensive race horse and had to be carefully coddled.

The collective inheritance of slavery goes back before recorded time in Africa.

You and yours free men with rights, so what you waiting for? In size and natural resources Africa dwarfs the US.

We already figured Tyny scared in his glue bag, and Lordy knows Africans could use some leadership if only they had a free man among them to lead the way to economic powerhouse.
                    Last edited by QueensburyRules; 05-12-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      The post is correct.

Slavery ended in 1865. The United States was created in 1776. What do you think the 3/5ths compromise was about?

I don't see what's so hard to understand here.
                      It appears you're having a little trouble following along. You said the American government was THE defendant in this case. Diablo felt like any institutions that benefited from slavery that still exist should also be on the hook. You come along and repeat my point about slavery in this country existing for less than a century for what reason I have no idea. Granted you think the institution of slavery was created in America which is completely absurd.

Comment

Working...
                      X