Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You ever had a rich relative die, and then you got absolutely nothing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Thats music to my ears lol! Still sucks that none of it was dispersed to the relatives. When I pass, whatever I have will be passed down to my loved ones.
    He was garbage.

The worst human being I ever met.

He died of rectal cancer, actually.

God heaped much karma on him his last few years on earth, and he deserved every bit of it.

I did get to tell him off a few years before he got the cancer, and that felt great.

He was so despised he didn't have enough people to be pallbearers at his funeral. He had guys who never met him carrying his casket, and he'd lived over 50 years in the same community.

I literally have family members who said they'd have killed him, but he wasn't worth doing prison time over.

He was an evil, vile person.

Shortly after he died, I visited his gravesite and took a nice, warm piss.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY LOW View Post
      I know you shouldn't covet and all that stuff, and there's nothing good about wanting to profit from someone's death... I know all that, but still doesn't stop me from thinking.

I had a rich grandma who could have afforded to literally help everyone in my family in some way.

So she died, and I just saw the will. She donated her art and jewelry collection worth millions, to a museum, and then she left everything else, all her property and money, to her best friend, who's 70 years old and has been living with her for the past decade since my grandfather died.

It's a pretty weird feeling lol. I don't know what to say.

Anything similar ever happened to anyone else? Your thoughts?
      Too bad y'all never accepted her gay lifestyle. Y'all could have been somebody now.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        To the TS... maybe you guys neglected her and didnt take better care of her... there must be a reason why she never left you guys anything.
        Came in here to say this exactly.

Comment

Yeah that's my attitude right now.. "who needs her"

but still lol your millionare grandma dies, and she gives you absolutely nothing, it's a little heartbreaking. Nobody else got anything either, she gave it all to her best friend, they lived together for almost a decade.

She could have put every single one of my nieces and nephews to college. She didn't even care. What a terrible legacy to leave behind, your entire family resenting you.

Ouch. That's worse than getting nothing.

Were the family close with her? if so, then it's a bit of a ****ter i guess. But if her friend was more of a family to her than the rest of you, then maybe she resented her family and left nothing.

My grandmother had a bit of money, not super rich but a tidy sum. She left it all to my mother and uncle, who then gave some to me, my sisters and cousins. To be honest though, my cousins never bothered to visit her, despite living 5 minutes away from her. If she had said don't give any money to them, i could hardly blame her.

Comment

I know you shouldn't covet and all that stuff, and there's nothing good about wanting to profit from someone's death... I know all that, but still doesn't stop me from thinking.

I had a rich grandma who could have afforded to literally help everyone in my family in some way.

So she died, and I just saw the will. She donated her art and jewelry collection worth millions, to a museum, and then she left everything else, all her property and money, to her best friend, who's 70 years old and has been living with her for the past decade since my grandfather died.

How frequently did you visit your grandma?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              He was garbage.

The worst human being I ever met.

He died of rectal cancer, actually.

I did get to tell him off a few years before he got the cancer, and that felt great.

I literally have family members who said they'd have killed him, but he wasn't worth doing prison time over.

He was an evil, vile person.

Shortly after he died, I visited his gravesite and took a nice, warm piss.

Comment

damn bro u should have spent more time with her. I hear most old people change their will especially later on in life when their own kids and relatives diss them and don't even spend time with them or take their calls.

for this one job I had we had to sell and deal with a ton of old people. So I asked my old friends 65 and above what is the one thing I can give my old people clients to win them over like gift wise?

I never forget what she said instantly. She said, "Old People are lonely. They want someone to visit them and hang out with." She didn't even flinch and said it in a heart beat!

So your story makes sense. She gave all the money to that friend who lived with her to the end because that friend moved in with her and spent her last days with her. it makes perfect sense.

Comment

Seeing it from your relative's side

I see it from the opposite side guys. First off, when a well to do relative passes and you did not know them well and as a gesture they send you a thousand bucks or so? that is a nice, clean, considerate gesture. My wife had an uncle who did so not long ago...But before you desire an estate often, restraints and noble oblesce (obligation) comes with receiving a fortune.

This is where I may shed some light: First off I am the beneficiary in my family for my mother who is not rich but has about a mil all things said and done...It is my job to make decisions for her, to make sure stuff gets to my two sisters, grandkids, etc. In other words? purely from a financial stand point my sisters get to not be involved and know that their brother has them covered. How much is my trouble worth? I would do it for nothing, thats not the point, but with money comes responsibility.

We inherited a fortune and we had to take care of my wife's brother, again...it became my responsibility to make that fortune work, no easy task!!!! And now? It is my job to make sure that fortune is there for my kids and in perpetuaty.

What I am trying to say is people waste fortunes by giving them away because people blow them which is why so few families stay rich... And virtually no family stays rich where the money is just given away.

What makes a succesful inheritance is a TRUST. And the smart thing for someone to do is to have a trust that will survive them. So for example, if you have some family members that you want to help? and you have 5 million bucks when you pass? Make a trust where family members named can borrow for college, cars, houses, at a no interest rate,... You get the idea.

When you just give it away people will piss it away. there were two rich families I think one was the Vanderbilts the other the Morgans...Well the one family (i forgot which is which but the story is true) had just divided the wealth and each family had fotten like 10 million! and this was generations ago!! the other family had a trust where the members were given and allowed to borrow money for certain things....

In one family there were no millionares left and in the other, the family basically was still rich and a powerhouse...

Ok moral of the story: When a relative dies and gives you a thousand bucks or so, no strings attached. It is a no strings, go have fun, considerate proposition. But for real money and wealth? there is a lot of responsibility involved and is no joke.

Giving that money to her friend OP, showed your relative was smart enough to realize that if anyone was going to piss the money away, it might as well be her friend, who was old enough to maybe give some of it to a good cause after she passed.
                  Last edited by billeau2; 03-17-2019, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Life has its own way of messing things up with relatives falling out with each other. I know my family has enough such divisions and I have heard my friends have the same. Parents can he divisive sometimes which is why some kids don't visit them in old age, the relationship will have been damaged.

Comment

I'm getting $0 from my parents and probably leaving $0 for my kids.

In our family if you need money to start a business, a down payment to move closer to your new job, etc., you get help no questions asked, but the lump sum inheritance just isn't a thing.

I like it, I've never had any room to be lazy in life and say "Who cares, I'm getting $500k when I'm 40 anyway!". If I hustle I'll be rewarded but if I wait around for someone to die I'll probably die too...
                      Last edited by ////; 03-17-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X