Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You ever had a rich relative die, and then you got absolutely nothing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ever had a rich relative die, and then you got absolutely nothing?

I know you shouldn't covet and all that stuff, and there's nothing good about wanting to profit from someone's death... I know all that, but still doesn't stop me from thinking.

I had a rich grandma who could have afforded to literally help everyone in my family in some way.

So she died, and I just saw the will. She donated her art and jewelry collection worth millions, to a museum, and then she left everything else, all her property and money, to her best friend, who's 70 years old and has been living with her for the past decade since my grandfather died.

It's a pretty weird feeling lol. I don't know what to say.

Anything similar ever happened to anyone else? Your thoughts?

Lmao

You should have made weekly visits and did her shopping

Comment

My grandfather on my dad’s side is wealthy. Only reason I know this is because I’ve heard it, I don’t like the man and don’t expect a cent.

My mom grew up with a single mother, so no money there lol

Comment

In my family, it cascades down so a grandparent will give to a parent and that parent gives to their kids. They don't spread out to other parts of the family. Everyone is expected to provide for their children.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          In my family, it cascades down so a grandparent will give to a parent and that parent gives to their kids. They don't spread out to other parts of the family. Everyone is expected to provide for their children.
          That’s how I assume my parents will be doing things. I never asked. None of my business lol

Comment

Originally posted by KEY LOW View Post
            I know you shouldn't covet and all that stuff, and there's nothing good about wanting to profit from someone's death... I know all that, but still doesn't stop me from thinking.

I had a rich grandma who could have afforded to literally help everyone in my family in some way.

So she died, and I just saw the will. She donated her art and jewelry collection worth millions, to a museum, and then she left everything else, all her property and money, to her best friend, who's 70 years old and has been living with her for the past decade since my grandfather died.

daymnnnnnmmmn, knega.

Comment

I found out my rich grandad died last year. He was never really around only met him a few times. Would’ve been cool if he could’ve helped the family out he abandoned twice but we’ve never really needed him so who cares

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                I found out my rich grandad died last year. He was never really around only met him a few times. Would’ve been cool if he could’ve helped the family out he abandoned twice but we’ve never really needed him so who cares
                Yeah that's my attitude right now.. "who needs her"

but still lol your millionare grandma dies, and she gives you absolutely nothing, it's a little heartbreaking. Nobody else got anything either, she gave it all to her best friend, they lived together for almost a decade.

She could have put every single one of my nieces and nephews to college. She didn't even care. What a terrible legacy to leave behind, your entire family resenting you.

Ouch. That's worse than getting nothing.

Comment

Yeah that's my attitude right now.. "who needs her"

but still lol your millionare grandma dies, and she gives you absolutely nothing, it's a little heartbreaking. Nobody else got anything either, she gave it all to her best friend, they lived together for almost a decade.

She could have put every single one of my nieces and nephews to college. She didn't even care. What a terrible legacy to leave behind, your entire family resenting you.

Ouch. That's worse than getting nothing.
                  I'm sure the woman she left it all too and her relatives will be very happy though.

Comment

My father died and I got absolutely nothing from my stepmother. And it's not like I was looking for money. But something to remember him by, anything, would have been nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X