• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for Trudeau getting a 2nd term!

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
      I'm all for Trudeau getting a 2nd term!

Lol, man don't curse us like that. Speaking of isis, he gave one terrorist a 10 million dollar settlement then told veterans they were asking for too much support shortly after. I hope this current scandal results in his resignation, two of his cabinet members have resigned in the last week.

Comment

Thank God for this SNC-Lavalin scandal...now he'll be gone for sure in Oct. I'd really be surprised if doesn't step down before then and go back to being a kids substitute drama class teacher...his only other job he's ever had (well okay there was a little bit of speaking and that bar gig in Whistler). He knows a lot about playing make believe but this act is over.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
          Lol, man don't curse us like that. Speaking of isis, he gave one terrorist a 10 million dollar settlement then told veterans they were asking for too much support shortly after. I hope this current scandal results in his resignation, two of his cabinet members have resigned in the last week.
          Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Thank God for this SNC-Lavalin scandal...now he'll be gone for sure in Oct. I'd really be surprised if doesn't step down before then and go back to being a kids substitute drama class teacher...his only other job he's ever had (well okay there was a little bit of speaking and that bar gig in Whistler). He knows a lot about playing make believe but this act is over.
          things are getting a little worse for justin, jane philpott resigned from his cabinet yesterday, likely to save her career when she runs for the liberal leadership in a couple years. i can already imagine what the conservative and NDP attack ads are going to say once we get closer to the election. if scheer gets votes in ontario, the best trudeau can hope for would be a minority government, but i'd rather just see him gone in one shot. hopefully the party forces him to resign as leader, there are plenty of junior high schools looking for drama teachers

Comment

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau broke the federal Conflict of Interest Act in relation to the SNC-Lavalin scandal"

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...oner-1.4549332

Comment

And what's really disgusting is that in spite of everything The Liberals hold a small edge at the moment in the polls.

Projected nationwide election results

last updated: Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 21:30

Liberal 34.3%

Conservative 33.3%

New Democrat 14.3%

Liberals are still strong in Ontario and Quebec where the large voting blocks are (Quebec especially favours Trudeau/Liberals where Lavalin is based...it's not even close).

**EDIT**

This poll (also updated August 11th 2019) indicates 34.1% Conservative vs 33.2% Liberal however the seat projection still favours Liberals 154.5 vs 145.3 (not looking good....58% odds of Liberal majority).

http://338canada.com/
              Last edited by jaded; 08-15-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau broke the federal Conflict of Interest Act in relation to the SNC-Lavalin scandal"

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...oner-1.4549332

There are 168 comments on the YouTube page...all of them negative. Hopefully this will tip the vote away from him now because it's still very close. It all comes down to Ontario's vote where he still held about a 5% lead over the Conservatives as of last week. The timing of this news is pretty good. The problem is Toronto is full of immigrants who have no clue what is going on and only know that Liberals are pro-immigration and want to bring there family's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                  Centrism is dying. Trudeau in Canada and Macron in France are the last 2 centrist leaders left in the west, and they're also the most unpopular. Approve things like gay marriage, and legalise weed, but still continue to screw the working and middle classes.
                  What would you call Angela Merkel?

Comment

This is why Trudeau isn’t being punished for his ethics violation

Rachel Gilmore, CTVNews.ca Writer
                    ATRachelGilmore

Published Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:50PM EDT
                    Last Updated Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:23PM EDT

A political bombshell was dropped Wednesday when the ethics commissioner found Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had contravened the Conflict of Interest Act for trying to influence then-justice minister Jody-Wilson-Raybould in "many ways" during the SNC-Lavalin scandal.

As the news broke many Canadians were surprised to learn that despite the contravention, there would be no punishment.

That’s because Canada's Conflict of Interest Act "does not provide for any sanctions for breaches found following an examination by the conflict of interest and ethics commissioner."

The only penalties Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion has the power to impose under the act are "administrative monetary penalties," which only apply when public office holders fail to meet the reporting requirements.

"Those penalties are NOT applicable in this case," Melanie Rushworth, director of communications for the Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner said in an email to CTV News.

"At the conclusion of an examination the commissioner provides a report to the prime minister setting out the facts, the analysis, and conclusion. As part of section 47, it is up to the prime minister to implement any further action," Rushworth added.

That means any punishment or further action resulting from Trudeau's contravention of the act would have to be imposed by the prime minister.

read more here

The bold part is absolutely crazy and the reason why if he may get re-elected.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
                      I'm in Canada and I'm loving this. Trudeau is a glorified sjw and it's fun to watch him squirm. This IS politics though, so who knows how much this will damage him but hopefully enough that he doesn't see a chance for a second term.
                      When is he up for re-election?

Comment

Working...
                      X