Collapse
No announcement yet.

rock music is truly dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mainstream rock/metal hasn't been good since the early 00s. Even with bands like System, the genre has been dead.

Nowadays, it's all about pop stars who look underage, EDM, and rappers with skinny jeans and gay tattoos on their face.
    Theodore Theodore likes this.

Comment

It’s still there. You just have to search for it.

It’s a lot cooler to rap about incoherent nonsense. Rappers today don’t even sound like they use real words. Can’t understand a goddamn thing they say.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
        when i was teenager in early 2000s 8there are still few who can reach the top like SOAD or Greenday, even some of the OGs are still kicking producing album or single or two. but now is nothing, what happen?? do today teenager dont form band and play in their father's garage anymore?? i havent seen any new generation of head-banger for awhile
        I don't follow modern music at all. None of it. Not saying it is all bad, I just don't follow it. I assume demographics and the media pushing black music and other crap was a factor but I'm sure how much better off modern rock music would be.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Man these kids don't play instruments no more. That's one reason why jazz and classical are dead. Everybody body either wants to sing or rap everything else can be done by the computer.

Once the government cut funding to school, Music and Art class are the first to go. Playing and learning a instrument is expensive and take time. Would you rather put your child in sport camp for $300-500 or buy a instrument for $500-1000 then get him a teacher $$$$ then drive around looking for gigs for him to practice. Those days are long gone unless you are a music family, joins a church group or rich.

Kids like sports and video games.
          I'm a musician and this is pretty much on the money.

The only thing left out is the business influence on it all. Big corporations don't get rich dealing with temperamental guitarists, keyboardists and drummers in bands that sometimes get costly, they get rich selling products that are easily and cheaply produced for the most $$ they can.

HIpHop, EDM & Alt can all be produced by one guy in the studio on a computer. Then after years & decades of **intensley marketing musical prefab with drum machines and sub bass over actual bands**, the younger listeners of don't care about the organic and soulful groove of real musicians anymore, and look at the actual music in their songs as a prop.

Yes, there is good underground stuff in all genres of music, but until there is a musical apocalypse and following revolution, popular music and media will have many plugged into the Matrix.

I was gigging back in the 80's/90's, just think how different it is for me.
          Theodore Theodore likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post

The only thing left out is the business influence on it all. Big corporations don't get rich dealing with temperamental guitarists, keyboardists and drummers in bands that sometimes get costly, they get rich selling products that are easily and cheaply produced for the most $$ they can.

HIpHop, EDM & Alt can all be produced by one guy in the studio on a computer. Then after years & decades of **intensley marketing musical prefab with drum machines and sub bass over actual bands**, the younger listeners of don't care about the organic and soulful groove of real musicians anymore, and look at the actual music in their songs as a prop.

Yes, there is good underground stuff in all genres of music, but until there is a musical apocalypse and following revolution, popular music and media will have many plugged into the Matrix.

Thanks for your input !

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              It’s still there. You just have to search for it.

It’s a lot cooler to rap about incoherent nonsense. Rappers today don’t even sound like they use real words. Can’t understand a goddamn thing they say.
              Rap music died after the 90s. Its just crap at this point. I personally turn it off after awhile. Before I used to get mad when people used the case study with rap and low IQ. Honestly now I get it. When every other word is a curse word or a adlip it's pure crap. Blah blah bang zoom kapoom n-word nah mean. Like WTF.

Comment

These genres (rock, rap, etc) don't really "die". You just turn 18 and realize they're music for children who ate too much sugar, and realize how terrible all the new stuff is because you're hearing it for the first time as an adult.

Rest assured it was crap to begin with and only the nostalgia of one's youth keeps them in denial.

Comment

Rock and roll died a long time ago before the 2000s. This generation of music is nothing but bull****. I'll listen to 70s,80s and 90s stuff but I fell off the radar in the 00s.

Comment

Rock isn't dead. Listen to Bob Leather's Iron Maiden review. He starts talking about a minute in but listen from the start.

I found this funny as ****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoPJpb0O68c

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post

Yeah, I read about this years ago. It's just cheaper and easier to produce **** on a computer than have a band of people with instruments.

It doesn't help that music is pirated so much nowadays it isn't worth the time, money and effort to produce good stuff.
                      Last edited by Xoo; 01-17-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X