Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fu#k it. I’m gonna quit my job job and become a roofer. Any tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roofing looks like it can be pretty rough. I know a few guys in the trade and I've heard some brutal stories, just know your limits and play it safe and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      Ive done roofing, I still take roofing jobs but I sub it out to Mexicans or if they are too busy, than white trash.

Roofing sucks, but if you don't have any trade skills it's a way to make a decent buck in the short term.

That's how I first got into the contracting business.

Your body is in for a rude awakening though, it doesn't matter how good of shape your in, roofing pits a whole new kind of stress on your body.
      What a coincidence, yo mama subs to both

Comment

I working tarring roofs one summer with my uncle. My advice is get an accounting or programming degree.

Comment

As someone who has roofed in the past the best roofing related advice I can give you is not to roof

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            I working tarring roofs one summer with my uncle. My advice is get an accounting or programming degree.
            Nah man I’m stupid as fu#k. Let me put it to you this way. I’m a security guard and I have no idea how I haven’t been fired yet.

Comment

What's the pay like?

Comment

buy yourself some steeltoes boots, good jeans, long sleeve shirt, gloves, hat and a few bandans to put in the hat to cover your neck and face from the sun. ENJOY really not that much of hard work just harsh conditions.

Comment

gotdamn I'm not quite sure you realize what your getting yourself into.. roofing aint no joke boy, that's some serious elbow grease.

My step pops was a roofer he would come home halfway dead and dark af from the sun burning his ass all sweaty and smelling rank.

The pay is decent, but i can't imagine your "soul crushing" Job being any worse than roofing.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                    gotdamn I'm not quite sure you realize what your getting yourself into.. roofing aint no joke boy, that's some serious elbow grease.

My step pops was a roofer he would come home halfway dead and dark af from the sun burning his ass all sweaty and smelling rank.

The pay is decent, but i can't imagine your "soul crushing" Job being any worse than roofing.
                    I really don’t know why I thought of it either. Right now I just don’t think I’m advancing myself in the career I’m in now. I don’t have any skills that would land me something nice.

I sit in front of a computer all day, write a few reports, fu#k around with a few spreadsheets. Nothing crazy. Release packages to customers every once and a while. The pay where I’m at is decent, it’s just becoming a real pain in the ass to be honest. I get no sense of satisfaction at the end of the work day. I just feel happy that it’s done for the day. Oh. And my work schedule is ******ed too. I switch between nights and days on a weekly basis. I think it’s killing my brain cells.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                      I really don’t know why I thought of it either. Right now I just don’t think I’m advancing myself in the career I’m in now. I don’t have any skills that would land me something nice.

I sit in front of a computer all day, write a few reports, fu#k around with a few spreadsheets. Nothing crazy. Release packages to customers every once and a while. The pay where I’m at is decent, it’s just becoming a real pain in the ass to be honest. I get no sense of satisfaction at the end of the work day. I just feel happy that it’s done for the day. Oh. And my work schedule is ******ed too. I switch between nights and days on a weekly basis. I think it’s killing my brain cells.
                      Well hell we can trade jobs any day of the week if you want, I'm working at a crusty ass warehouse compacting cardboard and foam pads all day haulding around greasy forklifts and electric pallet jacks, your job sounds peachy bruh.

Comment

Working...
                      X