Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people in the military just pawns for politicans and the special interest groups?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people in the military just pawns for politicans and the special interest groups?

I saw that three American servicemen just died in the Middle East. Seems so senseless. I think Black Sabbath had it right in that song War Pigs:

"Politicians hide themselves away
    They only started the war
    Why should they go out to fight?
    They leave that role for the poor

Time will tell on their power minds,
    Making war just for fun
    Treating people just like pawns in chess,
    Wait 'till their judgement day comes"

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
    I saw that three American servicemen just died in the Middle East. Seems so senseless. I think Black Sabbath had it right in that song War Pigs:

Making war just for fun
    Hey need an answer on that coffee , hot stuff.

Comment

they think they're protecting Americans by going to the other side of the world and killing brown people.

Murica.

Comment

It’s voluntary, so in that sense, no. In the grand scheme of things though, that’s one of the things military/armed men are used for and their purpose — to protect the interest of not just the many (the masses), but also the few.

No one is being taken advantage of, at least in the U.S.

Get the f uck out of a combat role if you don’t want to fight and are uncomfortable being told to shoot people and being potentially killed yourself. Hell, dont join the service all together if you’re scared of getting killed by enemies of the US or of certain figures in the US.

It’s tragic but it’s also part of being a piece of the best fighting force the world has ever known.

As much as the politicians dont get their hands dirty is considered cowardly, so too is b itching from the sidelines. Soldiers dont need some gender fluid as shole coddling them from afar. Either pick up the rifle and fight alongside your countryman or become one of these “politicians” and try to make the change you want seen. Otherwise stfu and enjoy your hot latte, make your money, and mind your business...let the men do their job

Comment

Im actually in the military but i say no we all choose to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post

Making war just for fun
            Yes, yes they are. In chess, pawns are known as the grunts on the board, which is what infantry soldiers are also known as. Even though we have more high tech weaponry that requires less humans, we'll still need human soldiers to occupy places to keep the peace.

Comment

Yes soldiers are pawns but thats what they signed up for.

Its the life they chose so its whatever.

Comment

Obviously they are. They've all accepted that role by taking that position or being drafted in previous eras.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  It’s voluntary, so in that sense, no. In the grand scheme of things though, that’s one of the things military/armed men are used for and their purpose — to protect the interest of not just the many (the masses), but also the few.

No one is being taken advantage of, at least in the U.S.

Get the f uck out of a combat role if you don’t want to fight and are uncomfortable being told to shoot people and being potentially killed yourself. Hell, dont join the service all together if you’re scared of getting killed by enemies of the US or of certain figures in the US.

It’s tragic but it’s also part of being a piece of the best fighting force the world has ever known.

As much as the politicians dont get their hands dirty is considered cowardly, so too is b itching from the sidelines. Soldiers dont need some gender fluid as shole coddling them from afar. Either pick up the rifle and fight alongside your countryman or become one of these “politicians” and try to make the change you want seen. Otherwise stfu and enjoy your hot latte, make your money, and mind your business...let the men do their job
                  Nice response. But any thread Julia Slobberts make is basically a troll thread.

Comment

No ****.

Do you think I joined to protect our freedom against people who haven't done anything to us

Comment

Working...
                    X