Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractures 3 ribs in fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should be an age limit on this ****, 35-55yrs old that its, that all your political career should last.

Comment

Another Democrat fail. Ginsburg should've resigned years ago and let Obama appoint her successor.

Oh god, imagine the salt if Trump ends up appointing Amy? Please let it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
        Another Democrat fail. Ginsburg should've resigned years ago and let Obama appoint her successor.

Oh god, imagine the salt if Trump ends up appointing Amy? Please let it happen!
        The temper tantrums will be EPIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Bad for Ginsburg and I don’t wish her harm personally, but politically she should retire or be forced out. She’s extremely old, likely senile, she is very partisan, and it’s time for Trump to appoint a third Justice on the SCOTUS.

Trump has how many Senate seats now?
          How any nation can proclaim itself as free and yet appoint judges by political nomination is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
            How any nation can proclaim itself as free and yet appoint judges by political nomination is beyond me.
            What do you mean?

SC Justices are nominated by an elected President, and must be confirmed by the Senate, which is a body of elected officials.

Sounds like freedom to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              What do you mean?

SC Justices are nominated by an elected President, and must be confirmed by the Senate, which is a body of elected officials.

Sounds like freedom to me.
              Politicians are not to be trusted with a concept as fundamental to a fair society as impartiality of the judiciary. No matter what political allegiance you have.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
                Politicians are not to be trusted with a concept as fundamental to a fair society as impartiality of the judiciary. No matter what political allegiance you have.
                The system has worked for 200+ years. Our representatives "represent" us; we can vote them out if we don't like them. Judges at the local levels are voted on directly by the voting population; at the national level, by national representatives.

Comment

There should truly be an age limit for Supreme Court Justices for both Democrats and Republicans. Once you hit 75 it should be mandatory that you have to retire. Not only do you start losing your mental capabilities but people at that age also start becoming very out of touch with the general society.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    The system has worked for 200+ years. Our representatives "represent" us; we can vote them out if we don't like them. Judges at the local levels are voted on directly by the voting population; at the national level, by national representatives.
                    Yours is but a young democracy. And perhaps you trust your politicians more than we do.

Comment

This is where its important that we picked up more seats in the Senate. This time Trump will be able to go with who he wants without worrying about the Dems vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X