Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Dems ask noncitizens to register to vote...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    I don’t recall a requirement in the constitution of citizenship to vote. It’s been 15 years since I read it though. I do however recall that the constitution applies too “all people” not just citizens...

If it’s me, if your a resident and are taxes you get to vote.
    I believe its 18 USC 611, that requires citizenship to vote in federal elections

Comment

If you google this story, it's prominent on Conservative sites only. That is because this is fake news.

Texas requires ID to vote. They have like 6 or 7 valid forms, none of which a non citizen can get without proof of citizenship if I am correct.

Republicans up to the usual shenanigans to suppress democratic voters.

Last words of the article that Vlad left out on purpouse:

If true there will be serious consequences,” he said.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        I believe its 18 USC 611, that requires citizenship to vote in federal elections
        Be careful, you're debating a 'lawyer' on this.

Lmfao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          This is what happens when a bunch of California radicals invade your state. Texas, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, all being overrun by the Californians being priced out of their own state. Crazy part is, they did it to themselves and now they are doing it again.
          Mark Levin calls those people locusts.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Be careful, you're debating a 'lawyer' on this.

Lmfao!!!
            Hopefully I don't get my case dismissed

Comment

why do you think democrats are not saying anything about all those illegals coming up thru mexico and central america?

all they see is votes coming

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                Outside of a couple amendments along the way. The Constitution left the requirements to vote up to each state.
                Well wtf. I didn't know that. That seems like some dumb sh^t. You should definitely have to be a legal citizen of the US to vote in the US. Federal or nah.

Man I hate these mfers who keep acting like the constitution is like the bible & shouldn't be looked at piece by piece every generation to see if it still makes sense.

Comment

This shouldn't shock anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                    Outside of a couple amendments along the way. The Constitution left the requirements to vote up to each state. I would find it rather silly to allow non citizens to vote in a state election, but as long as it isn't a federal election, its up to each state.
                    Ok I’ll believe you. However the states are not absolutely free. They are still bound by constitutional concepts like the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. So basically they may be free to set up the rules for voting but they still must not violate the constitution. Example one man one vote. This struck down state rules where black votes only counted as 2/3 of a vote. It violated equal protection, each must be treated them same.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      Thanks I’ll read that section.

Comment

Working...
                      X