Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coconut Water

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only drink it when I’m hungover. As stated above it provides electrolytes.

Taste like soggy cereal though; prefer plain water if given the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      This.

Coconut water is water it just has a different taste to it.
      Agreed. The different taste is the taste of snot.

Comment

What is the difference between coconut water and coconut milk?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Don't know. Kinda curious myself, but always assumed it was the liquified coconut thats inside.

Comment

Water is the liquid found inside a coconut. Coconut milk is basically the white "meat" grated and then the liquid is strained from that so the oils and proteins are in the liquid and its more concentrated.

Fresh coconut water from a young coconut is a fantastic drink and nothing beats it (with a little lime/salt) on a hot day if you can get it. Canned coconut milk isn't that great. They all taste metallic to me but there are some decent brands.

They're great for rehydration (with salt added) as they have a lot of potassium and minerals (fast absorbtion and electrolytes) and don't have a ****laod of sugar like most "sports drinks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                Water is the liquid found inside a coconut. Coconut milk is basically the white "meat" grated and then the liquid is strained from that so the oils and proteins are in the liquid and its more concentrated.

Fresh coconut water from a young coconut is a fantastic drink and nothing beats it (with a little lime/salt) on a hot day if you can get it. Canned coconut milk isn't that great. They all taste metallic to me but there are some decent brands.

They're great for rehydration (with salt added) as they have a lot of potassium and minerals (fast absorbtion and electrolytes) and don't have a ****laod of sugar like most "sports drinks."
                I'll add that we use the coconut milk to flavour rice, red peas stews, vegetable stews, and soups. We don't drink it. What we drink is the clear water from from the middle of the coconut.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  I'll add that we use the coconut milk to flavour rice, red peas stews, vegetable stews, and soups. We don't drink it. What we drink is the clear water from from the middle of the coconut.

Youre slipping on the booze dude

Comment

just eat some coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post

Youre slipping on the booze dude
                      Stay away, boy.
                      You don't know bout this, chicano.

Comment

Working...
                      X