Is this $85 ppv price a joke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
    There are principles at play here...

First and foremost, the rich and the wealthy are not that way because they "pay whatever" for whatever.

85$ is just a lot of money for TV entertainment. With $85 USD I can go catch an MLS or a baseball game here with a friend. I would assume in USA you can catch an NHL game for 40$ a person.

With $85 I can have a half decent steak dinner for two.

And what are they selling me for $85? A bad card and that blunder where everyone got KOd early in the undercards and for 1 hour I have guests at the house waiting for a fight...

Sorry can't do it...I pay for a fare share of premium services monthly, but there is no way I'm dishing out $85 for a boxing PPV...That's amazon prime for the damn year...That is a month worth of pension in some countries...

I value my dollar, and no PPV is worth that money.
    For 88.00 I can fill my tank for 300 miles. 100.00 doesnt buy much anymore.

Comment

I don't think it makes a lot of business sense to put people off with a price tag like that.

Let's say that 800k were planning on buying the PPV thinking it was $65, but then when they found out it was $85, you lose 400k buys because half the people now decide they'll forego that price tag and stream it. Now you went from a possible 800k x 65 = $52mil to 400k x 85 = $34mil.

Obv, i'm using examples and these don't reflect either the potential of the PPV at $65 or how many people decided not to get it due to it being $85. Maybe this PPV could've sold 1-1.5 million buys at $65, who knows. But one thing I know is that the $85 price tag put a lot people off and it would not surprise me if they lost 50% of their customers by raising the price that much.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        For 88.00 I can fill my tank for 300 miles. 100.00 doesnt buy much anymore.
        Gas prices were low until Trump put back sanctions on Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Gas prices were low until Trump put back sanctions on Iran.
          LOL I dont think .25 more a gallon will break me.
          USA FTW!

Comment

LOL I dont think .25 more a gallon will break me.
            USA FTW!
            Okay. What's your NFL team?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Okay. What's your NFL team?
              Sunday is kiddo day. No NFL for me.

Comment

Yeah that was outrageous and I streamed the fight because of it. Not sure what they were thinking on this one.

Comment

I streamed it off my cousin's laptop and connected it to the flat screen... Played smoothly through the night. I can't bring myself to pay 85, naaaaaah.. I'll just go through the pop-up struggle for 5 minutes.

Comment

I didnt pay it but this fight was way more worth the 85.00 compared to May Pac or May Mac.
                    How would you know if you didn't pay for it?

I would have much better bought a bottle Jameson, Presidente and a case of Negra Modelo.

As for May Pac or May Mac?

I much rather have a Big Mac, Chicken Mac Nuggets, lg fries and a diet coke. About 10-11 bucks US.

Comment

PPV boxing needs to die, sht is outdated and more people will stream as time goes on.

Comment

Working...
                      X