Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eminem real reply to MGK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bunch of grown men bickering about two other grown men saying rhymes to each other

Comment

Originally posted by Mushashi View Post
      Back 2 Back would have not worked this time. Pusha took it to the gutter when Drake brought his Pusha's fiancé's name into it. When Story of Adidon dropped there was radio silence for a week. ONE WEEK is a long time in beef. He basically forfeited and rode it out hoping the public would forget about it because by then scrutiny started to reach mainstream TMZ, Entertainment Weekly proportions. His team had to kill that buzz, Pusha already ruined his Adidas rollout, if he were to respond it would have affected album units and tarnished his image as the top dog in the industry. A big part of his appeal is that he is a winner. He keeps winning no matter what, fans of his enjoy following him because they like the feeling of being on the winning team, they're like Miami Heat supporters. He didn't want that smoke because Push has more dirt on him and was about to hang him out to dry.
      Drake knows a lot of stuff about Kanye, and he was intent on taking them both on at once. Kanye was the one who leaked the info, so he was actually more upset with him than Pusha. Prince called him off on it.

I agree with it being a financial decision, but I disagree on Drake not being able to crush them back. Back 2 back is evidence enough that he can hang with anyone.

Plus, I don't even listen to story of Adidon. Nothing about it attracts me. It's just gossip. Back 2 back, on the other hand, is a tight song people will be playing for years.

As a rapper, you have two options: You either lyrically destroy your opponent, or you make such a better song that it overcomes a better rapper's lyricism.

Drake would've out-sung Pusha, easily. Kanye would've been the one he would've struggled with. Kanye's the better artist, overall. But Kanye's also nuts, which works against him.

Gossip can only go so far, when it's music.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatdowns View Post
        Drake knows a lot of stuff about Kanye, and he was intent on taking them both on at once. Kanye was the one who leaked the info, so he was actually more upset with him than Pusha. Prince called him off on it.

I agree with it being a financial decision, but I disagree on Drake not being able to crush them back. Back 2 back is evidence enough that he can hang with anyone.

Plus, I don't even listen to story of Adidon. Nothing about it attracts me. It's just gossip. Back 2 back, on the other hand, is a tight song people will be playing for years.

As a rapper, you have two options: You either lyrically destroy your opponent, or you make such a better song that it overcomes a better rapper's lyricism.

Drake would've out-sung Pusha, easily. Kanye would've been the one he would've struggled with. Kanye's the better artist, overall. But Kanye's also nuts, which works against him.

Gossip can only go so far, when it's music.
        Back 2 Back was a catchy club banger that was good enough to end Meek. The disses were not that scathing really, it was the hoopla surrounding it that made it what it was.

By the time Meek responded it was too late, the memes finished him. He wasted the ghost-writing angle and his girl at the time Nicki is a known affiliate of Drake too. He took L's all round that summer. Pusha is not Meek. They're not the same caliber of rapper. Drake was smarting after 'I'm Upset' he wasn't ready for Adidon. Hence the week long radio silence. He thought his fanbase would turn popular opinion in his favour. Nope. Even his fans were on his a$$

Come on, you mean to tell me you the best rapper in game, moves the most units for years now and you have another grown man protecting you from RAP BEEF? That's weak and embarrassing. Have some pride. He can sell out all the arenas he wants, claim a billion streams, he will always be a Pop artist. All that money and he can never buy credibility as a real rapper.

He had nothing. J Prince was saving face because no one in the industry is stupid enough to go against him. Ending the beef right there and then.

Here's the thing that lyrical miracle stuff is nice and all, but what really gets under your skin wins battles, always. Otherwise Hit 'em up, No Vaseline, Ether, Takeover would have been quickly forgotten.

Comment

Thanks for my red k for my opinion on this subject lol. Man people get real butt hurt over this stuff huh?

Comment

Back 2 Back was a catchy club banger that was good enough to end Meek. The disses were not that scathing really, it was the hoopla surrounding it that made it what it was.

By the time Meek responded it was too late, the memes finished him. He wasted the ghost-writing angle and his girl at the time Nicki is a known affiliate of Drake too. He took L's all round that summer. Pusha is not Meek. They're not the same caliber of rapper. Drake was smarting after 'I'm Upset' he wasn't ready for Adidon. Hence the week long radio silence. He thought his fanbase would turn popular opinion in his favour. Nope. Even his fans were on his a$$

Come on, you mean to tell me you the best rapper in game, moves the most units for years now and you have another grown man protecting you from RAP BEEF? That's weak and embarrassing. Have some pride. He can sell out all the arenas he wants, claim a billion streams, he will always be a Pop artist. All that money and he can never buy credibility as a real rapper.

He had nothing. J Prince was saving face because no one in the industry is stupid enough to go against him. Ending the beef right there and then.

Here's the thing that lyrical miracle stuff is nice and all, but what really gets under your skin wins battles, always. Otherwise Hit 'em up, No Vaseline, Ether, Takeover would have been quickly forgotten.
            I don't deny that gossip helps, a lot. But gossip isn't anything if you don't have the lyrics to match. This isn't reality TV, it's music lol.

As for Drake, well, we can agree to disagree on it. What we can agree on is that he made a financial decision (whether or not that is all there was to it).

As for how I feel about it personally, sure, I would've liked to see another "Back 2 Back" about Pusha. I was about to call the L, too, but then I saw what "In my Feelings" did, and I understood.

Drake may not care much for his child, but all that stuff is to be expected in the entertainment business. That's why I don't read too much into it. Everyone knew Drake was sleeping around. Bound to happen.

Practically everybody in the entertainment game is like that; they can sleep with whomever they want. It's almost literally their pick. Even Justin Bieber (for all the "good dude" image they were trying to push with) earned a nasty reputation for approaching random women each night, and and simply asking: "Are you a Belieber?" And then immediately taking them up to his room once they said yes.

That's how all these artists/actors are like, so it's not even that big of a diss, really. That's why people forgot about it so quickly. Our own president has lovechilds, and no one cares.

Now, is it morally wrong? Of course. I think that's low. But this is rap.

Ether wouldn't have been what it was if it weren't for Nas' lyricism.

In fact, out of all of those disses, the only real one is: "Hit em' Up"

Now, that's a real diss.

Real hatred. He was willing to die, and he wished death upon them.

He perfectly combined the elements that make a diss song excellent.

I don't expect the same from someone like Drake, who is so mainstream, but I don't doubt his ability to hang. Again, Pusha's not even the one I'd be worried about. It's Kanye. But Kanye's busy trying to become a designer while helping Trump or whatever. Dude's in the sunken place.

Comment

I don't deny that gossip helps, a lot. But gossip isn't anything if you don't have the lyrics to match. This isn't reality TV, it's music lol.

As for Drake, well, we can agree to disagree on it. What we can agree on is that he made a financial decision (whether or not that is all there was to it).

As for how I feel about it personally, sure, I would've liked to see another "Back 2 Back" about Pusha. I was about to call the L, too, but then I saw what "In my Feelings" did, and I understood.

Drake may not care much for his child, but all that stuff is to be expected in the entertainment business. That's why I don't read too much into it. Everyone knew Drake was sleeping around. Bound to happen.

Practically everybody in the entertainment game is like that; they can sleep with whomever they want. It's almost literally their pick. Even Justin Bieber (for all the "good dude" image they were trying to push with) earned a nasty reputation for approaching random women each night, and and simply asking: "Are you a Belieber?" And then immediately taking them up to his room once they said yes.

That's how all these artists/actors are like, so it's not even that big of a diss, really. That's why people forgot about it so quickly. Our own president has lovechilds, and no one cares.

Now, is it morally wrong? Of course. I think that's low. But this is rap.

Ether wouldn't have been what it was if it weren't for Nas' lyricism.

In fact, out of all of those disses, the only real one is: "Hit em' Up"

Now, that's a real diss.

Real hatred. He was willing to die, and he wished death upon them.

He perfectly combined the elements that make a diss song excellent.

I don't expect the same from someone like Drake, who is so mainstream, but I don't doubt his ability to hang. Again, Pusha's not even the one I'd be worried about. It's Kanye. But Kanye's busy trying to become a designer while helping Trump or whatever. Dude's in the sunken place.
              I agree with most of what you've said here.

But just to add - what made that diss pertinent was Drake was about to roll out an Adidas clothing line named after his son, who he's never publicly claimed and doesn't take care of by all accounts but is willing to exploit his son for financial gain and publicity, repeating and inheriting his father's own neglectful behaviour towards him when he left his mom to raise him alone. But has the nerve to call out another man for putting a wedding ring on their significant other like that's something to be ashamed about. LOL the audacity. And this coming from an artist who promotes messages of feminist, gender equality in his music (Nice for What) in reality is anything but. I think he did a great job in attacking his psyche, image and integrity. Like Ether did to Jay-Z.

Honestly, I think they tried but they couldn't find any dirt on Pusha on that level. His sweatshop ran out of ideas. And the thing about Kanye is, getting at him wouldn't have had the same effect or clout in terms of a rap battle because he's a producer-rapper, he has collaborators and writers and has been open about that. But as far as inside info on Kanye goes, I agree there was more to come and Push would have clapped back on his boss' behalf. So it would have been a lose-lose on that front. And sure enough he put out another hit (Kiki) after J Prince intervened that lessened the blow. People were waiting on the album for another diss and all we got was him acknowledging his son after he got called out and more crying. Lol

Comment

I agree with most of what you've said here.

But just to add - what made that diss pertinent was Drake was about to roll out an Adidas clothing line named after his son, who he's never publicly claimed and doesn't take care of by all accounts but is willing to exploit his son for financial gain and publicity, repeating and inheriting his father's own neglectful behaviour towards him when he left his mom to raise him alone. But has the nerve to call out another man for putting a wedding ring on their significant other like that's something to be ashamed about. LOL the audacity. And this coming from an artist who promotes messages of feminist, gender equality in his music (Nice for What) in reality is anything but. I think he did a great job in attacking his psyche, image and integrity. Like Ether did to Jay-Z.

Honestly, I think they tried but they couldn't find any dirt on Pusha on that level. His sweatshop ran out of ideas. And the thing about Kanye is, getting at him wouldn't have had the same effect or clout in terms of a rap battle because he's a producer-rapper, he has collaborators and writers and has been open about that. But as far as inside info on Kanye goes, I agree there was more to come and Push would have clapped back on his boss' behalf. So it would have been a lose-lose on that front. And sure enough he put out another hit (Kiki) after J Prince intervened that lessened the blow. People were waiting on the album for another diss and all we got was him acknowledging his son after he got called out and more crying. Lol
                What I really don't get is how these dudes end up sleeping with women that aren't even all that

Chris Brown dates beautiful women, yet he got some older model pregnant who's nowhere near Rihanna or Karrueche. Makes no sense at all

Drake has slept with nearly every female even remotely related to hiphop XD, as far as I hear, and yet he knocked up a woman who wasn't all that either

I mean, Usher?

Then we found out Usher is bi

That entertainment world is crazy

I think they just sleep around without even caring about who it is, after a certain point

And that's definitely true that Drake is doing his son wrong. Drake didn't have his own father's presence, and that's obviously played a part in how he views parenthood. As he said in one of the songs, he feels he "still" has some years to have "fun".

But, then again, Drake didn't want the baby in the first place, and felt the woman purposefully wanted this merely to cash in. If you feel like you got set up, how are you really supposed to feel like a father?

Now one can argue that that's not the son's fault, which it isn't, but, as a human being, Drake has his rights, too. I feel that pregnancy is a 50/50 situation, where both parents should want the child. I understand it's necessary to ensure males take care of their offspring through laws and whatnot, but I still believe it's morally wrong to force a person to be a father, when they don't want to be one. That's his baby, too.

Of course, the argument goes all the way back around, and it's for the best that men can't force women to terminate pregnancies, but, on an emotional level, it's hard to blame Drake for giving the entire situation the cold shoulder.

I mean, we'll blame him, but, can we really blame him?

I think people understood how he felt and just brushed it off.

It's a situation where no one is completely in the right or in the wrong.

And, in a cutthroat world, that's how people behave.

I wouldn't do it, but he did
                Last edited by Beatdowns; 09-16-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                  Eminem is a top 5 arg most likely?
                  How that work?
                  Nas
                  Biggie
                  2pac
                  Scarface
                  Big L

These are just my top 5,there are many more rappers i would put above him,
                  Forget even about the first 3,untouchable.
                  Try to make you case to me Eminem would be better then Scarface....
                  Call me when he makes a better album then
                  "the diary"
                  "the world is yours"
                  What would you say that em's better at,storytelling example Stan?
                  I would tell you "never seen a man die" "and now i feel ya"
                  ****s all over that lyrically and "stan" was bitten from "one love" on illmatic.
                  Immortal technique's song "you never know" was also a story better told then "stan" but getting of Topic...
                  Big L would bury eminem all day everyday....
                  This sh#t is all subjective, obviously. End of the day though Em is/was a monster in the genre and for many, many people will go down as one of the best to ever do it. And they're not wrong. That said for those who don't have him in their top 5 or even top 10 -- they wouldn't be wrong either. There's a lot of great rappers out there, especially when we're talking about the 90's to early 2000's.

Comment

Meek didn't have a Spotify deal, and a song/album that would take over the country for a month.

Not the same scenario. Drake had a reason to avoid negativity, and that reason was $$$.

People forgot about that diss overnight once "In My Feelings" hit the airwaves.
                    The fact that in my feelings is a hit is whats wrong with the world its a shiet song who the fuk calls there kid kiki?

Comment

• a 40+ year old guy throwing a tantrum on the mic. Nah, i'll pass. Eminem is done. Dude is dlose to 50 still mad at the world?

Comment

Working...
                      X