No announcement yet.

How much does it cost to repair a roof?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
    yeah my stepdad was a roofer he used to make bank but its a super dangerous and demanding hard ass job... guess thats why roofing is so damn expensive, your in LA? bruh hire some Mexicans they'll do it faster, more effeciently and cheaper!
    I did roofing for a little while. When a job was too big, or too hard, boss would call the Mexicans. Them dudes won't no joke. Banged that sh it out

Comment

The contractor should at least go into the attic and look at the condition of the roof to see what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
        Said no one ever...
        you being sarcastic? Mexicans have always had a reputation for dping the best work and for cheaper too..

or you just hating

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Hmm you need to replace part of the wood sheeting for sure. Won't know how much untill the shingles come off. I'm guessing you use shingles in California. The attic insulation is probably soaked in that area also. Best to go into the attic and look to see where there are water stains and the general condition of the wood sheeting. Don't fall through the drywall. LOL. I had a leak and it turned out to be a bad seal around in if the roof vents. I repaired it and it's been fine.
          green k yeah we use shingles here in CALI. bro I guess the point of the thread is if I can beat those prices, but it seems like they provided us with some damn good competitive prices since everyone else was charging at least double.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            I got quoted $4K to do my roof about 2 months ago, that's not including the skyline that someone told me I should replace.

That includes a 10 year warranty
            4 gs for the entire roof? how big is your house? how many sq feet?

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
              yeah my stepdad was a roofer he used to make bank but its a super dangerous and demanding hard ass job... guess thats why roofing is so damn expensive, your in LA? bruh hire some Mexicans they'll do it faster, more effeciently and cheaper!

damn bro how much was your dad pulling in a year then 250K or something? If you do 1 roof a day thats like 50G's a week!

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                This guy...
                We’re not talking about building a satellite to high tolerances and precision. It’s not rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

Here in LA, the best price we found was 10G's to do the entire roof over.

If you have certain problem areas like 1/3 of the roof would cost $2,000 to repair.

So like 1/2 the roof would be like $5 G's to repair.

Damn this must be a lucrative business to be in foodfood repair. These are the good prices too imagine the other guys upcharging on top of that.
                  I'm a roof-carpenter but I'm from Australia.
                  I dont do the tiles all slats I just build timber
                  Construction.
                  I have a pic of the last roof I done in my photos.

Comment

you're gonna need some mexicans bro

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

Here in LA, the best price we found was 10G's to do the entire roof over.

If you have certain problem areas like 1/3 of the roof would cost $2,000 to repair.

So like 1/2 the roof would be like $5 G's to repair.

Damn this must be a lucrative business to be in roof repair. These are the good prices too imagine the other guys upcharging on top of that.
                      I'm not sure who your accountant is...but I'd say get it done in thirds. If 1/3 costs $2000 Then 3/3 costs $6000. See what I did there. Saved you 4K and didn't even ask for a commission.

Comment

Working...
                      X