Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does it cost to repair a roof?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] How much does it cost to repair a roof?

How much does it cost to repair a roof?

Here in LA, the best price we found was 10G's to do the entire roof over.

If you have certain problem areas like 1/3 of the roof would cost $2,000 to repair.

So like 1/2 the roof would be like $5 G's to repair.

Damn this must be a lucrative business to be in roof repair. These are the good prices too imagine the other guys upcharging on top of that.

Full of scam artists

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
      Full of scam artists
      LOL so you saying we should do our roofs ourselves?

Comment

Ask a neighbor for a contractor recommendation. Worst thing to do is just to pick someone from a web site. I’ve done that and it only produced horror stories. In NY you have the choice of adding a second roof over the old roof or replacing the roof entirely. Adding one over the other could mean $3000-5000. Tear off old and add a roof is $10,000-13,000.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
          Ask a neighbor for a contractor recommendation. Worst thing to do is just to pick someone from a web site. I’ve done that and it only produced horror stories. In NY you have the choice of adding a second roof over the old roof or replacing the roof entirely. Adding one over the other could mean $3000-5000. Tear off old and add a roof is $10,000-13,000.
          Green K bro.

Yeah so the best place we found wanted 2G's to do just the problem area which is like 1/3 of the roof area.

We asked our neighbor he paid 4 G's double what we paid for the same job lol. He thinks he got a good deal too.

They said they can do the entire roof for 10 to 13K just like you said.

In NY it must rain a lot and snow.

Here in LA the problem is the sun bakes through the roof and burns through the paper lining. So these guys redo the paper lining double times then put the roof over again.

Comment

I dont know, as I've never had to pay to fix one, but I will say like most things in life you want second opinions.

Get at least one more contractor to look at it and give an estimate. And dont tell any of them you've got previous estimates.

That, and see if anyone you know and trust has recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              I dont know, as I've never had to pay to fix one, but I will say like most things in life you want second opinions.

Get at least one more contractor to look at it and give an estimate. And dont tell any of them you've got previous estimates.

That, and see if anyone you know and trust has recommendations.
              LMAO bro we called 1 creepy white dude he gave us the best price. They are ranked like # 2 on Google and yelp. Then we called another contractor this thug Mexican guy he was a total A-Hole didnt even climb the ladder to look at the roof and told us the previous estimate was full of shat and threatened to blast them online lol.

So ghetto, its ridiculous how some of these guys have no professional etiquette or social skills whats so ever.

Comment

What exactly has to be done to the roof??

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  What exactly has to be done to the roof??
                  my roommates and lady tripping since when it rains really hard certain areas over my roommates closet leaks. But only when it rains really hard. so light rain is fine and even light rain off and on its just strong rain for several hours that makes it Leak.

Comment

Replacing a roof isn't that difficult. I've done it when I worked in home improvement another lifetime ago. I'm sure you can YouTube it and for a fraction of the cost, buy materials yourself at Home Depot. You can knock it out in one day or less.

Comment

Working...
                    X