No announcement yet.

How much does it cost to repair a roof?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    my roommates and lady tripping since when it rains really hard certain areas over my roommates closet leaks. But only when it rains really hard. so light rain is fine and even light rain off and on its just strong rain for several hours that makes it Leak.
    Hmm you need to replace part of the wood sheeting for sure. Won't know how much untill the shingles come off. I'm guessing you use shingles in California. The attic insulation is probably soaked in that area also. Best to go into the attic and look to see where there are water stains and the general condition of the wood sheeting. Don't fall through the drywall. LOL. I had a leak and it turned out to be a bad seal around in if the roof vents. I repaired it and it's been fine.

Comment

I got quoted $4K to do my roof about 2 months ago, that's not including the skyline that someone told me I should replace.

That includes a 10 year warranty

Comment

yeah my stepdad was a roofer he used to make bank but its a super dangerous and demanding hard ass job... guess thats why roofing is so damn expensive, your in LA? bruh hire some Mexicans they'll do it faster, more effeciently and cheaper!

Comment

If you in Cali get one of those many illegals y'all have there probably waiting in front of home Depot and get you a cheaper price

Comment

LOL so you saying we should do our roofs ourselves?
            I'm just saying, make sure they are licensed, bonded, and insured. If you don't, you deserve what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
              Ask a neighbor for a contractor recommendation.
              Only if they are licensed, bonded, and insured. Otherwise, you have no recourse if chit goes awry, and then you have a leaky roof and you also hate your neighbor.

Comment

Green K bro.

Yeah so the best place we found wanted 2G's to do just the problem area which is like 1/3 of the roof area.

We asked our neighbor he paid 4 G's double what we paid for the same job lol. He thinks he got a good deal too.

They said they can do the entire roof for 10 to 13K just like you said.

In NY it must rain a lot and snow.

Here in LA the problem is the sun bakes through the roof and burns through the paper lining. So these guys redo the paper lining double times then put the roof over again.

You give this mfr green k for worthless advice? What is the world coming to?

Comment

So ghetto, its ridiculous how some of these guys have no professional etiquette or social skills whats so ever.
                  That's why they are roofers.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Replacing a roof isn't that difficult. I've done it when I worked in home improvement another lifetime ago. I'm sure you can YouTube it and for a fraction of the cost, buy materials yourself at Home Depot. You can knock it out in one day or less.
                    This guy...

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                      hire some Mexicans they'll do it faster, more effeciently and cheaper!

Said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                      X