No announcement yet.

Nike's response to people burning their stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    I don't agree with your first point. The national anthem is a time to stand and show pride in your country. Furthermore, your place of employment is not the proper venue to be having a political protest. And I still don't see the connection, since America =/= police.
    Well, Im not breaking any news by telling you that the anthem has words.

Words that in fact represent our ideals.

But you are saying that during the anthem its not appropriate to reflect on those very same words/ideals?

Im not telling you thats what you should do. Its a personal thing. But you cant possibly tell me that its not apropriate for him to do so or that you cant connect the dots here.

The words in the anthem have meaning dont they?

His protest is not political, it is social. Theres a big difference.

America obviously does not = police, but the issue is an American social issue, and has been for decades.
    Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 09-06-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

You did this sh it to me last week and I'm not letting you do it to me this week. You're trying to just turn this into a "white people are racist" discussion. It's not happening. If white people support a cause and can understand the protest, they'll gladly support it. Case in point, the March on Washington. How many white people do you see walking with Dr King? How many?

Or, are you going to try to argue that the generation of Brown vs Board of Education, is somehow less racist than the generation that voted and re-elected a black president?

Some people see intentionally kneeling and refusing to stand for the anthem along the same lines as burning the flag. It don't matter what color the person is that does it, so get off that sh it, bro
      No I'm not dude. I told you last week that wasn't my intention and even apologized if it felt that way. You posted the word whitey, not me. With all due respect, it is unfair for you to assume I mean all white people. I am only talking about the subset that reacted so angrily and did things like burning Nikes.

Yes, 1968 is a little different than 2018. Yes there were many there, just as there are many that support Kapernick and are not burning Nikes.

Is that a rational equation? No, not in my opinion. While both acts embody what the flag stands for, one act desecrates the flag while the other is the same action a man takes when asking a woman to marry him-which all but suggests it isn't an offensive act.

Come on dude, the skin color of Kapernick and other athletes taking a knee definitely matters to some.

I still don't understand why the anger is so over the top.

Comment

Why is everyone angry? In Trumps America, unemployment is down and even Kaepernick found a job at Nike.

Kaepernick lost his job during our former Muslim president Hussein Obama's administration, and found one during the Trump administration.

God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          Well, Im not breaking any news by telling you that the anthem has words.

Words that in fact represent our ideals.

But you are saying that during the anthem its not appropriate to reflect on those very same words/ideals?

Im not telling you thats what you should do. Its a personal thing. But you cant possibly tell me that its not apropriate for him to do so or that you cant connect the dots here.

The words in the anthem have meaning dont they?

His protest is not political, it is social. Theres a big difference.

America obviously does not = police, but the issue is an American social issue, and has been for decades.
          I don't think the national anthem is the correct time to have a protest. Especially at work.

But in the end, I don't really care. I'm not wasting any more time debating 2015, and don't want to spend more time talking about the NFL, then I will watching it

Comment

I dont support the burning
            What i would do is buy the shoes today
            Then make a return unsatisfied video lol

Biggest Factories in China
            Tariffs be hurting
            Ya Nike hates the US right now

Comment

I don't think the national anthem is the correct time to have a protest. Especially at work.

But in the end, I don't really care. I'm not wasting any more time debating 2015, and don't want to spend more time talking about the NFL, then I will watching it
              Oh you can certainly feel that way, thats fine and I dont have a problem with that.

You asked about how its all connected so I explained it.

Comment

Oh you can certainly feel that way, thats fine and I dont have a problem with that.

I fail to see the connection, but I'm not interested in talking about it further. We had a lengthy thread on the issue. It's a dead horse in my opinion

Comment

I fail to see the connection, but I'm not interested in talking about it further. We had a lengthy thread on the issue. It's a dead horse in my opinion
                  The global elites who are owned by china is targeting whats left that unites us a American

And thats the American flag, once they are successful at making everyone dont feel American then theyll go phase 2

Its obvious
                  First make the population hate the law
                  2nd the hate flag
                  3rd the hate the identity(American)
                  4th takeover but this one is not mexico sorry .!WAR MIKEY!.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                    The global elites who are owned by china is targeting whats left that unites us a American

And thats the American flag, once they are successful at making everyone dont feel American then theyll go phase 2

Its obvious
                    First make the population hate the law
                    2nd the hate flag
                    3rd the hate the identity(American)
                    4th takeover but this one is not mexico sorry .!WAR MIKEY!.
                    Holy f-ck this is some crazy sh-t right here!

Comment

If you fail to see the connection between the anthem's words and the country's ideals then its because you want to fail.

We agree it is a dead horse.

Comment

Working...
                      X