No announcement yet.

Nike's response to people burning their stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    CAn you tell me why whitey is pissed off in the 1st place?
    Does whitey ever need a reason to be pissed off?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Does whitey ever need a reason to be pissed off?
      Seriously, why is "whitey pissed off"? Taking a knee to protest police killing blacks shouldn't make rational people upset.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Nah. To me that was equivalent to a rally or march.

Now that he has the publicity I hope he is working behind the scenes too. Like drumming up awareness on the ways voting local can help to get the changes we want.
        But it wasn't a rally or march, was it? It was his place of employment. It would be the same as Wal-Mart workers having a protest, outside, or hell inside, the store while on the clock.

And let's look at the logic you're using here. Now, that hes brought attention to himself by protesting America, now you want him to work behind the scenes? Why now, and not before? And why go from "in front of" the scenes, to behind the scenes? Why not stay in the limelight?

I'm not sure voter activism is on his agenda, so I won't discuss that

Comment

Seriously, why is "whitey pissed off"? Taking a knee to protest police killing blacks shouldn't make rational people upset.
          Many rational people fail to see the correlation between refusing to stand for the national anthem and how that relates to police brutality

Comment

Many rational people fail to see the correlation between refusing to stand for the national anthem and how that relates to police brutality
            If you don't see the connection, ok. There may not be a direct correlation. To respond to that by getting angry is completely insane and irrational.

It seems that there is something else wrong but the people that are so angry are not being honest about what they are really angry about.

Comment

If you don't see the connection, ok. There may not be a direct correlation. To respond to that by getting angry is completely insane and irrational.

It seems that there is something else wrong but the people that are so angry are not being honest about what they are really angry about.
              But let's not gloss over this lack of correlation. This lack of correlation is a big problem for some. We can't connect the dots between not standing for our country's anthem and police brutality, but what dots can we connect that action to? Hatred for the country? I think so. Lack of patriotism? Maybe. Is he anti-American? It could be argued.

The problem isn't necessarily the intent of his actions, but the perception of them

Comment

But let's not gloss over this lack of correlation. This lack of correlation is a big problem for some. We can't connect the dots between not standing for our country's anthem and police brutality, but what dots can we connect that action to? Hatred for the country? I think so. Lack of patriotism? Maybe. Is he anti-American? It could be argued.

The problem isn't necessarily the intent of his actions, but the perception of them
                There doesn't have to be a direct connection. he is bringing attention to an issue. It's like climbing a tall building and putting up a sign that say "Save the whales".

Hatred for the country? Lack of patriotism? Anti American? That is illogical because the same people mad a Kapernick will watch other white people sit down, eat, or talk etc. during the anthem and say nothing.

An example of this is Jerry Jones. Wore his hat during the anthem, his son told him about it, he kept it on, and no backlash whatsoever from people who have voiced extreme anger over the flag/anthem being "disrespected".

It seems pretty clear that whitey's real issue is something else.

Comment

Ill gladly explain.

I think we can agree that the national anthem is an apropriate time to reflect on this country and its ideals.

He believes at this moment America is not living up to its ideals regarding these issues.

So during the anthem, while he reflects on this country, he takes a knee because this is whats on his mind.

I want to point out that he went from sitting down to taking a knee after speaking to servicemen Nate Boyer because he understood that the perception was just that he was saying f-u America, f the flag and f the troops. Thats not what he wanted.

Comment

There doesn't have to be a direct connection. he is bringing attention to an issue. It's like climbing a tall building and putting up a sign that say "Save the whales".

Hatred for the country? Lack of patriotism? Anti American? That is illogical because the same people mad a Kapernick will watch other white people sit down, eat, or talk etc. during the anthem and say nothing.

An example of this is Jerry Jones. Wore his hat during the anthem, his son told him about it, he kept it on, and no backlash whatsoever from people who have voiced extreme anger over the flag/anthem being "disrespected".

It seems pretty clear that whitey's real issue is something else.
                    You did this sh it to me last week and I'm not letting you do it to me this week. You're trying to just turn this into a "white people are racist" discussion. It's not happening. If white people support a cause and can understand the protest, they'll gladly support it. Case in point, the March on Washington. How many white people do you see walking with Dr King? How many?

Or, are you going to try to argue that the generation of Brown vs Board of Education, is somehow less racist than the generation that voted and re-elected a black president?

Some people see intentionally kneeling and refusing to stand for the anthem along the same lines as burning the flag. It don't matter what color the person is that does it, so get off that sh it, bro

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Ill gladly explain.

I think we can agree that the national anthem is an apropriate time to reflect on this country and its ideals.

He believes at this moment America is not living up to its ideals regarding these issues.

So during the anthem, while he reflects on this country, he takes a knee because this is whats on his mind.

I want to point out that he went from sitting down to taking a knee after speaking to servicemen Nate Boyer because he understood that the perception was just that he was saying f-u America, f the flag and f the troops. Thats not what he wanted.
                      I don't agree with your first point. The national anthem is a time to stand and show pride in your country. Furthermore, your place of employment is not the proper venue to be having a political protest. And I still don't see the connection, since America =/= police.

Comment

Working...
                      X