No announcement yet.

Lets say someone kidnaps you and your 90 year old grandparent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Doesn't matter, what is there is there. My grandparents are gone as are my parents, so it is easy to take this lightly.

My grand father left everything to his own children, but left me his car, which I was grateful. It was an awesome car.

Like this but white,
    How much are them cars worth tbear?

Comment

Easy

Kill me , wouldn’t even hesitate

My grandmother is the rock of my family. Probably the greatest person I will ever know

She’s in her mid 80s but independent, healthy ,travels and is The most important person in the family all the way down to her great grandchildren.

I’m sure what ever time she has left even if only
      For a couple years would be more beneficial to my family then if I passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake versace View Post
        How much are them cars worth tbear?
        Not sure but it was nice driving my kids around in a big comfortable luxury car.

I used it as a trade in after several years but even though I have a new car now, I would love to have it back.
        Last edited by TBear; 08-12-2018, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Not sure but it was nice driving my kids around in a big comfortable luxury car.

I used it as a trade in after several years but even though I have a new car, I would love to have it back.
          Looks a classic like it a lot

Comment

Loving all the well thought out & serious answers to larry's question 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              And they have both of you tied up and a gun to both of your heads and only you can decide who lives and dies....What is your choice?
              Yours would be Money May

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                And they have both of you tied up and a gun to both of your heads and only you can decide who lives and dies....What is your choice?
                Pure Jew here...I kidnappvhis ppl.. I kill them on live tv... I’m a Jew, fthat. Noise .. kill first ask questions...... I can’t hear. You...as I. Walk. Away.... dragging a corps....

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                  U okay?

Take ur meds
                  I am going to make this really easy to understand for you.

This thread gives a hypothetical situation, save yourself or save your 90 y/o grandparent. I said it probably makes more sense to save yourself because it is likely more people depend on you (spouse, children, close friends). People know you, care deeply about you and your death would be more impactful for more people.

That is the principle I applied to the hypothetical to justify my answer.

I then suggested a different hypothetical, in which you have to kill one of two people: a newborn baby, or a middle aged man. Not for survival, not for anything, just as a hypothetical in which you have to do one.

I think this is where you get confused because it is difficult for you to conceive of a hypothetical situation where you can't just make up your own rules and invalidate the question.

Remember the principle from before? I applied that same principle to this new and separate situation that I brought up to give another example where I feel that principle applies.

I said that between the middle aged man and the newborn baby (and remember this situation is not about myself and the grandparent, it's what we call analogous), one should choose to kill the baby. This adheres to the principle that the life of a person who has many people dependent on them should be valued over the life of a person who is entirely dependent, and whose death would be less impactful for fewer people.

Hopefully that made sense. Perhaps I can include some little drawings if it's still fuzzy for you.

Comment

wtf???

And u could live with that ur whole life?
                    Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
                    I am going to make this really easy to understand for you.

This thread gives a hypothetical situation, save yourself or save your 90 y/o grandparent. I said it probably makes more sense to save yourself because it is likely more people depend on you (spouse, children, close friends). People know you, care deeply about you and your death would be more impactful for more people.

That is the principle I applied to the hypothetical to justify my answer.

I then suggested a different hypothetical, in which you have to kill one of two people: a newborn baby, or a middle aged man. Not for survival, not for anything, just as a hypothetical in which you have to do one.

I think this is where you get confused because it is difficult for you to conceive of a hypothetical situation where you can't just make up your own rules and invalidate the question.

Remember the principle from before? I applied that same principle to this new and separate situation that I brought up to give another example where I feel that principle applies.

I said that between the middle aged man and the newborn baby (and remember this situation is not about myself and the grandparent, it's what we call analogous), one should choose to kill the baby. This adheres to the principle that the life of a person who has many people dependent on them should be valued over the life of a person who is entirely dependent, and whose death would be less impactful for fewer people.

Hopefully that made sense. Perhaps I can include some little drawings if it's still fuzzy for you.
                    Well my bad if my question went outside this hypothetical question that TS started

It was more of a question about ur principle of killing the baby instead of the middle age man which i found cray cray

So another question to ur principle
                    So does ur principle apply to ur baby’s life vs urs?
                    Or just to someone else baby

Comment

Well my bad if my question went outside this hypothetical question that TS started

It was more of a question about ur principle of killing the baby instead of the middle age man which i found cray cray

So another question to ur principle
                      So does ur principle apply to ur baby’s life vs urs?
                      Or just to someone else baby
                      That's a good question. I am inclined to say that it does, but I don't know how I would feel in that situation, it would be harder to take a clinical or purely logical approach.

From a completely disinterested standpoint, a baby's life isn't worth very much (unless you want to try and apply some sort of religious ideal to the sanctity of life). They have less to lose than everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X