No announcement yet.

Lets say someone kidnaps you and your 90 year old grandparent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
    Would u need to make sure whats on the will first?

Or it doesnt matter?
    Doesn't matter, what is there is there. My grandparents are gone as are my parents, so it is easy to take this lightly.

My grand father left everything to his own children, but left me his car, which I was grateful. It was an awesome car.

Like this but white,

Comment

U accusing me of going outside the box
      While u even added a baby to the equation
      yo funny

But yeah u killing a baby to save urself is just too much for me
      Thats my opinion
      It is official you are mentally challenged lol.

I suggested another hypothetical that is analogous to the one this thread is about. It had nothing to do with saving myself. I'm done lol you are hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        If you’re not, they gotta go

If you are, they gotta go
        This ^^^^ lol.

Comment

The guy who voted for himself is a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
            It is official you are mentally challenged lol.

I suggested another hypothetical that is analogous to the one this thread is about. It had nothing to do with saving myself. I'm done lol you are hilarious.
            U just said ud kill a baby to to save ur grandpa that should be enough to speculate ud kill ur baby to save urself

Yah thats a very ******ic thing to say
            A selfish move

Comment

You should live unless you're also a 90 year old grandparent. People are likely more dependent on you, you probably have many years left, could potentially do some good during that time, maybe you have kids or a spouse. The 90 yr old already has one foot out the door, it's a no brainer.

It's like the question, would you rather kill a newborn baby or a middle aged person? The logical answer is to kill the baby. No one depends on the baby, it has nothing going on.
              Pretty much this.

I got kids, I need to look after them.

It is interesting reading about how these kinds of decisions are being considered for AI and self driving vehicles.

I find it is usually pretty easy to make the decision when it is a hypothetical situation (like the one where you shove one fat man into the path of a vehicle to save five others - that's an easy decision) but in a real life scenario I don't know what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                Pretty much this.

I got kids, I need to look after them.

It is interesting reading about how these kinds of decisions are being considered for AI and self driving vehicles.

I find it is usually pretty easy to make the decision when it is a hypothetical situation (like the one where you shove one fat man into the path of a vehicle to save five others - that's an easy decision) but in a real life scenario I don't know what I would do.
                Finally, a thinking person haha.

I agree, there are some really interesting philosophical issues with AI and self driving cars. If there is a man in the road, a car coming in the oncoming lane, and a ditch on the side of the road, what does the car do? Hit the man in the road to most likely save the driver? Drive into the ditch to save the man? How do you program a car to make those decisions?

Comment

U just said ud kill a baby to to save ur grandpa that should be enough to speculate ud kill ur baby to save urself

Yah thats a very ******ic thing to say
                  A selfish move
                  I didn’t even say that

You must be trying to troll

Comment

I wouldn't be stoked about it lol, but if I had to pick one or the other, which is the hypothetical I supposed, I'd kill the baby.

What would you do?
                    I didn’t even say that

You must be trying to troll
                    U okay?

Take ur meds

Comment

Finally, a thinking person haha.

I agree, there are some really interesting philosophical issues with AI and self driving cars. If there is a man in the road, a car coming in the oncoming lane, and a ditch on the side of the road, what does the car do? Hit the man in the road to most likely save the driver? Drive into the ditch to save the man? How do you program a car to make those decisions?
                      There are a lot of philosophical discussions about it, but I think there will be a factor that will over-ride any of them.

I suspect that people will want a car that will protect them at all costs. Protect them, and anyone in their car, which includes their family etc.

Getting them to accept anything else - i.e. a car which will sacrifice them for the greater good - is a problem I can't see a definite solution for.

Certain principles would need to be legally enforced. Market forces, if left to themselves, would result in manufacturers having no choice but to provide cars which always protected the driver.

Even if there were legally enforced principles or rules, then I think people would try to get around these. Hacking their car's AI, or putting in their own AI which can kick in and take control physically of the wheels etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X