Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maracho View Post
    You're still avoiding what many have been asking about your true beliefs

and Revelations 20: 1-3 says "I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time."
    When was Lucifer set free because a thousand years?

Comment

not impressed, how so?
      Because its up to the mind of the interpeter as to the meanings of the original text being read. People that are not well versed in the nuances of foreign languages can come to a very different conclusion from what the original text was intended to mean. Everyday people that go to that amount of work and effort in my opinion tend to have a bias going in. Yeah it's great if my cousin wants to learn Latin or Hebrew. If he wants to come over to my house and tell me what the bible means because he's read it in the original prose I'm not impressed. If you want to get as close to the true meaning of what was written thousands of years ago get an athiest to translate it. You see it everyday and on this forum how posted articles in English which most speak fluently are interpreted differently by different people.
      Last edited by TonyGe; 06-23-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        When was Lucifer set free because a thousand years?
        You are still avoiding the questions

Why use Satan or Diablo as your profile name?

Why so many alter egos? Are you making your own religion based on the parts you personally like? That seems to be either self worship or multiple personality disorder or in Biology, they call it "Wolf in sheep's clothing mimicry" https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/...ate-host-nests
        Last edited by maracho; 06-23-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Because its up to the mind of the interpeter as to the meanings of the original text being read. People that are not well versed in the nuances of foreign languages can come to a very different conclusion from what the original text was intended to mean. Everyday people that go to that amount of work and effort in my opinion tend to have a bias going in. Yeah it's great if my cousin wants to learn Latin or Hebrew. If he wants to come over to my house and tell me what the bible means because he's read it in the original prose I'm not impressed. If you want to get as close to the true meaning of what was written thousands of years ago get an athiest to translate it. You see it everyday and on this forum how posted articles in English which most speak fluently are interpreted differently by different people.
          To say your cousin is biased because he is Chiristian or that atheists cant be biased about the Bible is in itself very biased in my biased opinion
          Last edited by maracho; 06-23-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

To say your cousin is biased because he is Chiristian or that atheists cant ne biased about the Bible is in itself very biased in my biased opinion
            I agree. That's my point..

Comment

I agree. That's my point..
              Great so you agree on what Zaroku has been pointing out, that atheists are consumed with anti-Christianity and/or a religion of anti-religion backed by academia totally consumed by a biased creation myth called evolutionism?
              Last edited by maracho; 06-23-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

You are still avoiding the questions

Why use Satan or Diablo as your profile name?

Why so many alter egos? Are you making your own religion based on the parts you personally like? That seems to be either self worship or multiple personality disorder or in Biology, they call it "Wolf in sheep's clothing mimicry" https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/...ate-host-nests
                Nothing special to the name. I made it way back in my teen years. I was going for something unique.

I only have one ego but because I learned about different people and their cultures. I am able to empathize with them.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Nothing special to the name. I made it way back in my teen years. I was going for something unique.

I only have one ego but because I learned about different people and their cultures. I am able to empathize with them.
                  you said the Siablo means devil, which is Satan according Christian's

Pretending to be the religion of others during conversation is not empathy but called lying, which is what Lucifer does when he possesses political pawns

Comment

you said the Siablo means devil, which is Satan according Christian's

Pretending to be the religion of others during conversation is not empathy but called lying, which is what Lucifer does when he possesses political pawns
                    Siablo doesn't have a meaning. Diablo is what means devil.

I am not pretending. When in the mode; I am truly in it.

Comment

I can read Hebrew from 2500 years ago and it hasn’t changed all that much. Now, there two Talmud's, the Babylonian Talmud and the Jerusalem Talmud. But, the "Babylonian Talmud" is considered more authoritative than the "Jerusalem Talmud". Both of the Talmuds have commentaries written all around the scriptures from the Torah/Tanakh. The commentaries are written by highly venerated Rabbi. Hebrew has many ways it can be read. I doubt many atheists are qualified to give an opinion, because many are so smug in their ignorance their ego gets in the way. Mono lingual know it all type people make fools of themselves. It is sad, and not even laughable.

Everything is up to the mind of the interpreter, agreed? This is rather obvious in the way we see, think, feel, read, hear, interpret, transliterated, and bring in our past experiences to provide context.

We won’t see things the same way. That’s it.

Comment

Working...
                      X