Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    It doesn't mean Satan. It's form from diablo which means devil.
    You're still avoiding what many have been asking about your true beliefs

and Revelations 20: 1-3 says "I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time."
    Last edited by maracho; 06-23-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Ah, the catholic bible. Ever read the septuegent version, or the Masoretic text? The Tanakh? Ever heard of them?

How good is your Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew?

The catholic bible only, plus some commentaries, right?
      Do you remember who wrote those commentaries? Very curious now, please share.

This is interesting to me.

You might like this a lot. I love this kind of comparison between translations vs transliteration

http://www.tsebi.com/2016/08/15/thos...words-deut-65/
      My cousin is into that reading biblical texts in ancient languages. I'm not impressed.

Comment

Same with karma. People think something bad will happen to you if you are a bad persons by way of karma. What about all the good people who suffer and still live miserable lives? Shouldn't karma reward them for being good? It's all superstition.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          My cousin is into that reading biblical texts in ancient languages. I'm not impressed.
          It is good stuff. It really is, but I’m Jewish so it really means a lot to me.

Peace bro.

Comment

not impressed, how so?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              Eg when a player or team wins a game or an award they often thank Jesus or God or the lord but when they lose you never hear someone say.

"****ing Jesus screwed us today. He really wanted us to lose."
              Why do people who don’t believe in God, feel the need to talk about and criticize people who believe in God?

Now, to me, that’s a big mystery!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Ah, the catholic bible. Ever read the septuegent version, or the Masoretic text? The Tanakh? Ever heard of them?

How good is your Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew?

The catholic bible only, plus some commentaries, right?
                Do you remember who wrote those commentaries? Very curious now, please share.

This is interesting to me.

You might like this a lot. I love this kind of comparison between translations vs transliteration

http://www.tsebi.com/2016/08/15/thos...words-deut-65/
                Please point out to me where I mentioned in my post that I read "some commentaries" as you put it.

Comment

Furn why are you always fixated on something you claim you dont believe

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Same with karma. People think something bad will happen to you if you are a bad persons by way of karma. What about all the good people who suffer and still live miserable lives? Shouldn't karma reward them for being good? It's all superstition.
                    For example?

All are sinners in a sinful world

Comment

Please point out to me where I mentioned in my post that I read "some commentaries" as you put it.
                      I was just wondering, you know, with catholic school and all.

My cousin went to Archbishop Mitty HS and they used
                      The Catholic Bible Personal Study Edition (NAB) Oxford Press.

Then at Loyola he studied The New Jerome Biblical Commentary.

I was under the impression that the catholic bible when studied pin high school were bundled together with commentaries..

My faulty assumption, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X