Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
    I've participated in lots of sports and sport prayers over the years.

The Bible heros were were constantly in trouble with authorities so not sure which line you mean

I'll take the reflections of millions of converted Christians and the intelligent design all around us over your meaninglessness
    And your evidence is strictly anecdotal then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      And I'll take what has been scientifically proven over yours. Way to be able to take a joke.
      You said Scientifically proven to work so what are you referring to now? A joke?

Right, I dont get it

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      And your evidence is strictly anecdotal then.
      Extremely peer reviewed and empirical to me and millions

Comment

If atheists didnt have a vested interest in scripture they wouldnt be studying it in the first place, and wouldnt be so fervently preaching against Bible every day, trying to stop public prayer and all kinds of other antiChrist stuff
        OK so what is public prayer??
        Last edited by TonyGe; 06-26-2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

If atheists didnt have a vested interest in scripture they wouldnt be studying it in the first place, and wouldnt be so fervently preaching against Bible every day, trying to stop public prayer and all kinds of other antiChrist stuff
          Is that right?? I think your exaggerating.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Is that right?? I think your exaggerating.
            of course you would say that but that's your vested bias proving my point

Comment

of course you would say that but that's your vested bias proving my point
              What bias. I've never initiated a conversation putting down religion. If the conversation comes up I express my thoughts. I don't spend every day discussing religion as you believe I or others do.
              The point I'm am trying to make is that most people that were born into a particular religion put thought into the decision to stop practising it. For some reason its hard for you to see that.

Comment

• I thank god that I am not religious

Comment

At least you dont call mutations the fount of life as do the evolutionists. However, you have to kinda agree that we are living in what they call the anthropocene period where humans strongly influence so much of life's geology, natural disasters, extinctions, climate, genetics, health issues etc.. Man just wasnt satisfied with paradise. In fact, hes a junkie for up and downs and thrives on opposite effects like night and day, summer & winter, man & woman, tree of life & forbidden tree, God & Satan, etc which all helps man to appreciate perspective
                  so, god got played by an angel and we humans in 2018 are still paying the price

ill see if anyone else can tell me whos to blame for the bad stuff

Comment

• The lord works in mysterious ways, cuz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                      The lord works in mysterious ways, cuz.
                      ''mysterious'' is one way of putting it

Comment

Working...
                      X