Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 yard penalty for kneeling during National Anthem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 yard penalty for kneeling during National Anthem?

You guys hear that they are thinking about instituting this policy in the NFL?

I don't like the kneeling because it doesn't do anything. What changes have happened because of it? Do blacks own more property now because of it? Can Kaepernick even articulate why he did it in the first place, because I never heard a single salient point from him?

How are you going to differentiate between a player kneeling to rest or a player kneeling when another player gets hurt? Can you read their mind when they are doing that to ensure they aren't kneeling in protest of the anthem?

On that note, I think instituting this policy so that it affects the actual game is beyond moronic. It was already a moronic "movement" to begin with because you don't see any of these guys doing anything to stop all of the violence in Chicago (as an example).

Is this going to come down to what Roger wants, or what each individual owner wants? No way will the owners sign off on this...I just can't see it.

they should find a job that doesnt require them to take 2 minutes of their time standing at attention.

a $$$$$ fine works for me.

Comment

Next they'll put people in jail for peaceful protests. It starts with a 15 yard penalty, then suspension, then jail time.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        they should find a job that doesnt require them to take 2 minutes of their time standing at attention.
        The problem is that it hasn't led to anything. What genuine actionable changes have taken place? This is not something they can blame CTE on--this genuinely makes them look like morons who can't defend their position.

Comment

Jerry Jones, of all people, is right on this.

He's saying the owners need to concentrate on football, as that's what fans want to see when they tune into a football game.

People don't tune into sports to see a political rally. If they wanted to watch a political rally, they'd tune into things like cable news.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
            You guys hear that they are thinking about instituting this policy in the NFL?

I don't like the kneeling because it doesn't do anything. What changes have happened because of it? Do blacks own more property now because of it? Can Kaepernick even articulate why he did it in the first place, because I never heard a single salient point from him?

How are you going to differentiate between a player kneeling to rest or a player kneeling when another player gets hurt? Can you read their mind when they are doing that to ensure they aren't kneeling in protest of the anthem?

On that note, I think instituting this policy so that it affects the actual game is beyond moronic. It was already a moronic "movement" to begin with because you don't see any of these guys doing anything to stop all of the violence in Chicago (as an example).

Is this going to come down to what Roger wants, or what each individual owner wants? No way will the owners sign off on this...I just can't see it.
            NFL is losing money from those kneeling dumbos
            Losing audience lol

They got to do it or else they will have no money to pay those dumbos

Comment

The act of kneeling during the national anthem is a form of peaceful protest. It's a free country and Americans should not have to be penalized 15 yards for expressing their opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                The problem is that it hasn't led to anything. What genuine actionable changes have taken place? This is not something they can blame CTE on--this genuinely makes them look like morons who can't defend their position.
                especially that

these kneelers are the biggest hypocrites there are. they are just photo opting this whole garbage. they have so much free time to truly make a difference. what do they do instead ? vacation, party, cheat on their spouses....everything but bring actual awareness to what gets them all pouty.

no one is leaving (like they promised), so the oppression levels cant be that high

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  The act of kneeling during the national anthem is a form of peaceful protest. It's a free country and Americans should not have to be penalized 15 yards for expressing their opinions.
                  PTI .....

it isnt a free corporation. no one has to be a linebacker.

this is what people get twisted.

$$$$ penalty and the kneelers dont get to play that game.
                  Last edited by Elroy The Great; 05-23-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    They're at work.

Try making political statements at your job and see what happens.

This isn't about Constitutional rights. This isn't the Government making laws, it's an employer setting rules for its employees.

Comment

Working...
                    X