No announcement yet.

Dog breeds that are great to have around babies/toddlers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Great suggestion... I bought a pit bull for my son.... he was kind, protectevie, and feared... he looked like a bad azz, but he was kind and graceful....solid lil 105 lb pit bull.
    Dude stfu. Every post I see of yours is ridiculous. 105 pound pit bull? Lol that’s like having a 100 pound golden retriever.
    Poorly bred. Oversized. Useless. Like you.

Comment

A peekapoo (1/2 pekingese, 1/2 poodle) is a good one. They are smart dogs because of the poodle, but don't have quite the attitude of a regular poodle. Then the pekingese side makes them fluffy and cuddly!

Comment

Everybody has a muh pitbull story. Meanwhile there's 10 other stories of unprovoked pitbull attacks

Comment

My sister and her husband have a pitbull. They keep it in the cage when company is around. What's the point of having a dog if you don't trust it around people?

Comment

Most breeds outside of the wild ones. Dogs know a baby is a baby and behave accordingly. I don't think I've ever had or been around a dog that, when you bring a newborn around, isn't like "Oh shit it's a baby cool I gotta be careful."

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              What are dog breeds that are great (particularly safe) to have around toddlers? I'm thinking of buying one for my year old daughter, it's nice to have a dog for her to grow up with, and I'm a dog person.
              Caucasian ovcharka very protective.
              Boxer dogs mind the pun.
              Labradorite.
              Last edited by PsychoPat; 04-28-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

What about a Beagle?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  What about a Beagle?
                  Head beagles when we were toddlers. Great dogs for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    My first dog was a Beagle/Golden Retriever mix named Tommy lol.

Lived to be 17. Awesome dog.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      My daughter has a Beagle about 8 months old. Great dog. They do need a lot of exercise. One thing if he gets on a scent he puts his nose to the ground and follows his nose. In the city if he gets loose that could be a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X