Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donnie Darko - Explain This Movie....I Dare You...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Donnie Darko - Explain This Movie....I Dare You...

Saw this get a few mentions in the cult movie thread so I watched it as I hadn't seen it in a while

But wtf
    For 3 days since I watched the damn movie I have had this niggling obsession with it

None of it makes fxcking sense

I read online explanations but one question keeps popping up

How the fxck did the rabbit wake Donnie up

Its impossible

So I dare you to watch this movie and come and explain the bast@rd thing

it was designed to "blow the minds" of 11-13 year olds, mostly girls.

you will not get a better explanation, mods should close the thread and award me some kind of fancy trinket.

Comment

Aint seen it in a while, time travelled didn't he? Went through a portal, he had to die in the bed, crushed by the engine so the girl wouldn't die.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

you will not get a better explanation, mods should close the thread and award me some kind of fancy trinket.

Comment

Soon you will be 11-13

Come talk then

Comment

It's all about sex

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Aint seen it in a while, time travelled didn't he? Went through a portal, he had to die in the bed, crushed by the engine so the girl wouldn't die.
              He didnt time travel

He sent the engine back in time to kill his other self

Everybody died in that universe cos well the universe is being sucked into a big black hole
              The rabbit waking donnie up caused this big fxck up

Everybody lived in the other apart from donnie

Comment

Jake became a heartthrob to nerdy teenage girls after this movie. I don't think he took advantage of these underage girls the way someone like James Franco did.

Comment

Wasn't he stuck in a closed time loop or something like that? Him dying ended the loop as he was supposed to die the first time around but didn't.

Idk it's supposed to be a bit weird and wtf, you're not really supposed to know entirely.

I liked it at the time mainly for its tone and that cute emo chick.

Comment

It's just another coming of age movie.

Sci-Fi themes and whatnot are cool, as is the late 80's feel.

Don't look too much into it. Just take it for what it is - a good movie.

Comment

Working...
                    X