Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donnie Darko - Explain This Movie....I Dare You...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First you have to forget all that you think you know and understand that you know nothing. Then you have to have experience with astral projection and lucid dreaming firmly grasp the concept that are being presented in this film. Many will have to indulge in some inhibitors such as peyote to unlock the level of consciousness needed to truly get what being put down. A good start for a novice is the book "The teachings of don juan" and those follow up series. Enjoy your journey.

Comment

His sister is so freaking sexy! She's an insta-marry for sure.

Comment

One of those movies i couldnt get through, like requiem for a dream, just didnt like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
          It's just another coming of age movie.

Sci-Fi themes and whatnot are cool, as is the late 80's feel.

Don't look too much into it. Just take it for what it is - a good movie.
          See that's what I thought

It was just a coming of age movie with an undertone but it's the opposite

Seriously deep levels are reached in this film

The only thing bugging me is how the fxck did the rabbit wake donnie

That and the old lady but I don't care about that old bltch

Watch the film and then ask

How the fxck did the rabbit wake donnie

It's an impossible question

And it kills the only logical theory to the movie

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            First you have to forget all that you think you know and understand that you know nothing. Then you have to have experience with astral projection and lucid dreaming firmly grasp the concept that are being presented in this film. Many will have to indulge in some inhibitors such as peyote to unlock the level of consciousness needed to truly get what being put down. A good start for a novice is the book "The teachings of don juan" and those follow up series. Enjoy your journey.
            Atleast somebody gets it

Il look into that book but I thought dude was just a pimp?

Comment

Another thing that bugs me

The whole cellar door thing

Obviously in there for a reason but.......

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                Atleast somebody gets it

Il look into that book but I thought dude was just a pimp?

Comment

Uneven movie. I saw it when it came out and was surprised it got the attention it got. I didn't enjoy that movie neither I enjoyed Requiem of a dream. It is like watching Eraser head. They are all over the place and it is base of what you interpret.

Comment

When I was younger I always took it as an elaborate messianic allegory, which I still think it is to a certain extent albeit one based around the concepts of tangent universes and time travel, rather than religion.

Comment

From what I remember, two dimension crossed hence which is why they couldn't where the plane engine came from because it was from another dimension. The crazy lady was a time traveler/dimension traveler and she wrote a book about it. There was a vortex that opened due to the two dimension criss crossing Donnie must send everything back to the old dimension or else the dimension he's in will be sucked. Because he two dimensions have crossed Donnie gets this flashback and dreams from the other Donnie in the other dimension.

Comment

Working...
                      X