No announcement yet.

U.S. Gun Control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Lets see, these events make up .00000000000000000001% of all USA murders, but lets go ahead and repeal the second amendment and remove firearms from law abiding citizens.

Very stupid idea that will lead to nowhere.
    And don't forget that according to PrettyBoy32, the US 2nd amendment also gives North Korea a right to have nuclear weapons, because Kim Jong-in is totally sane and trustworthy, and totally not a dictator.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
      How did I miss the point when you posted this:

And I replied this:
      Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Because the enemy will most certainly use guns.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          British brown bess musket probably killed more people in history than the ar-15/m-16.

Comment

Leaving aside for the moment the apparent contradiction between these paragraphs, and concentrating on the second: the problem with the "it's not the guns, it's the mental health problems" argument is that, for it to hold water, it would have to be the case that the USA has dramatically higher rates of mental illness than the rest of the world, given that it has dramatically higher rates of gun violence.

Don't get me wrong: the USA is so appallingly bad at healthcare in general that it would come as no surprise that its approach to mental health leaves a lot to be desired, but it seems just a little self-serving for a self-confessed advocate of gun rights to argue that the USA doesn't have a gun problem (which it clearly does), but a mental health problem.

Comment

jesus christ some of the answers in here. 'we need the guns to fight the government!!!'. Absurd. And i keep hearing how guns are harmless then i keep hearing about these mass shootings in america. Even if its a small percentage of murders in america, 17 school children shouldnt be regarded as a percentage or the 58 people shot dead in the las vegas, when its preventable. Unbelievable that people will accept this as the price to pay.

Comment

They're only killing each other let them get on with it.

Comment

Personal accountability.

Comment

So if people think the answer isnt stricter gun laws, and its a mental health issue, what exactly is the solution?
                    Wait until they find a magical solution to the mental health issue, but in the meantime allow all these people easy access to machine guns?

I heard a convo in which one person suggested Americans obsession with guns is because they are such a young country and are paranoid that what they did to others will be done to them.
                    Do people really think they could stop the US military?

Comment

Liberals like:

1. Speech Control (They've introduced numerous bills to ban "hate" speech in congress)
                      2. Gun Control (There are numerous laws on the books already, but they're not happy)
                      3. Bigger Centralized Government
                      4. One size fits all Federal Laws when there is the 10th amendment
                      5. Heavy Regulation of all business
                      6. Heavy taxation on upper middle class and the rich (when they more than pay their fair share)

Europeans should worry about their gang rapes by Muslims and constant terrorist attacks. We'll deal with this problem in our own ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X