Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the NRA go quiet whenever there's a mass shooting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post

What is the problem with North Korea that you seem to have in the above quotation?
    In the post you quote I seem to be laughing at the idea that Trump caused the current NK standoff when in reality it was their increasing economic obsolescence in relation to Chinese trade and their nuclear program becoming their sole bargaining tool.

None of my positions changed compared to now. Dead-consistent. What part do you want me to read?

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
      In the post you quote I seem to be laughing at the idea that Trump caused the current NK standoff when in reality it was their increasing economic obsolescence in relation to Chinese trade and their nuclear program becoming their sole bargaining tool.

None of my positions changed compared to now. Dead-consistent. What part do you want me to read?

How about the "while holding neighboring nations hostage" part.

Holding them hostage, huh? Your quotation doesn't seem quite so unbiased to me. Care to explain whom they are keeping hostage?

Comment

How about the "while holding neighboring nations hostage" part.

Holding them hostage, huh? Your quotation doesn't seem quite so unbiased to me. Care to explain whom they are keeping hostage?
        Since countries are unable to literally take other countries hostage in a singular sense, it's a figure of speech implying that they're using nuclear development in lieu of their dwindling trade leverage. This analogy is taking a while.

Asking me why I "brought up North Korea" when you live in South Korea right after asking me for my thoughts on the North Korean nuclear program and mentioning multiple times that you live in South Korea pretty much sums up how this conversation is going. Lots of awkward stalling.

Comment

Since countries are unable to literally take other countries hostage in a singular sense, it's a figure of speech implying that they're using nuclear development in lieu of their dwindling trade leverage. This analogy is taking a while.
          Is it? Your squirming is taking awhile.

So you just meant it as a figure of speech. Holding whom hostage? And so your whole argument is that you are Ok with this:

using recently operational ICBMs to simultaneously secure Kim Jong-Uns domestic legitimacy (previous primary source: China) while holding neighboring nations hostage
          and have no problem with North Korea at all. You are against the sanctions on North Korea and you disagree with Trump on his stance with North Korea.

Is that what you're saying?

Comment

Is it? Your squirming is taking awhile.

So you just meant it as a figure of speech. Holding whom hostage? And so your whole argument is that you are Ok with this:

and have no problem with North Korea at all. You are against the sanctions on North Korea and you disagree with Trump on his stance with North Korea.

Is that what you're saying?
            No. I'm saying what's typed there in the words I typed. Nothing you add out of thin air or extrapolate from it is what I'm saying. Especially not things that directly conflict with what I actually said.

You're executing a "Cathy Newman fallacy" which is indicative that you feel too easily anticipated or & just want to blur my position until I lose interest.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1335192-jordan-peterson

Comment

No. I'm saying what's typed there. Nothing you add out of thin air is what I'm saying.

You're doing a Cathy Newman fallacy which is indicative that you feel overmatched & just want to blur my position until I lose interest

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1335192-jordan-peterson
              Now you're ducking.

How about you go back and answer the questions. See what I meant by "squirming"

Comment

Now you're ducking.

How about you go back and answer the questions. See what I meant by "squirming"
                I have directly answered every question you've asked.

Comment

I have directly answered every question you've asked.
                  Then let me re-ask what you are pretending to have answered.

Do you agree with Trump's stance on North Korea? And I mean particularly do you agree with him wanting to keep Nuclear Weapons away from North Korea and giving sanctions for North Korea testing their missiles.

Perhaps that is a bit more clear.

Comment

Then let me re-ask what you are pretending to have answered.

Do you agree with Trump's stance on North Korea? And I mean particularly do you agree with him wanting to keep Nuclear Weapons away from North Korea and giving sanctions for North Korea testing their missiles.

Perhaps that is a bit more clear.
                    I don't think it's realistic for Western powers to prevent NK from being nuclear armed regardless of my dislike for their government. I see why NK also has no other options for political leverage. I think NK's economic outlook is dismal and that it will collapse inwardly and be replaced with a more stable (but still nuclear-aspirant) state. To this end I do agree with most of the sanctions & China's recent trade policy shift as a means of accelerating the inevitable.

In the post you keep quoting, I was dismissing another poster's belief that Trump's public rhetoric has played any significant role at all in the NK-SK situation, not cheering nor booing his policies.

This is the last time I will answer...
                    Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I think NK's economic outlook is dismal and that it will collapse inwardly and be replaced with a more stable (but still nuclear-aspirant) state. To this end I do agree with most of the sanctions & China's recent trade policy shift as a means of accelerating the inevitable.
                      What???? You agree....with sanctions due to the testing of missiles.....because you believe the country will fail anyway????

LMAO. What a load of shlt. You could have done better than that.

Originally posted by //// View Post
                      This is the last time I will answer...

It is clear why. I wouldn't want you to answer again if you're just going to pull complete shlt out of your ass and try to pass it as gold.

Comment

Working...
                      X