Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the NRA go quiet whenever there's a mass shooting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    so, possibly make a bad situation worse in the hopes of making it.....better ?!?!?!? eventually ?!?!?!?
    I'm a big basketball fan. The Knicks are in the process of rebuilding. I think that's the strategy. Try your best not to make it worse, though it may be hard for a time, but give yourself the utmost chance to make it MUCH better than it ever was before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      so, what is a doable plan to make sure these tragedies never happen again

pls dont type ''ban all guns''

Impose reasonable limitations and enforce psychological screenings.

People should have to go to a mandatory training course.

Pass a weapons safety course.

Go through mandatory background and psychological screening.

Every 2 years the registration process repeats.

If we’re not willing to make reasonable changes then just admit America doesn’t care.

All the fake outrage on faux fraud news is nauseating

Comment

• Too busy counting their money that follows from the subsequent uptick in gun sales

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          Well if you agree that North Korea should be allowed to have nuclear weapons, then why have you seemingly expressed problems with N. Korea.

What exactly is the problem with N.Korea, according to you. I'm not aware of any neighboring country that is under attack by N. Korea.
          I don't see any contradiction here. The same way I believe the US is the best country to live in yet disagree with our military actions against Assad, I can understand NK's geopolitical motive for pursuing nuclear armament while at the same time disagreeing with their domestic ideology & now they treat their own citizens.

You would probably love it there though. No school shootings! No "hate speech" either! Many lives saved.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
            It says that well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of the free state as a justification for firearm ownership (implying the ability for militias to be formed via armed civilians). It does not state that preemptive militia membership is a prerequisite for firearm ownership. That would defeat the whole point and be indecipherable from a state military.
            It can be interpreted as the right for a state to arm it's militia.

Comment

I don't see any contradiction here. The same way I believe the US is the best country to live in yet disagree with our military actions against Assad, I can understand NK's geopolitical motive for pursuing nuclear armament while at the same time disagreeing with their domestic ideology & now they treat their own citizens.

You would probably love it there though. No school shootings! No "hate speech" either! Many lives saved.
              You seemed to have a problem with North Korea and their weapons. Now you're suddenly OK with it. Seems like a contradiction to me. Or did your post that I pointed to not seem hostile toward N. Korea?

I'm actually in South Korea.

No school shootings. Hate speech within the law. Many lives saved

Comment

You seemed to have a problem with North Korea and their weapons. Now you're suddenly OK with it. Seems like a contradiction to me. Or did your post that I pointed to not seem hostile toward N. Korea?

I'm actually in South Korea.

No school shootings. Hate speech within the law. Many lives saved
                I don't know if you're confusing me with another poster or what. I haven't switched my position on NK nukes at all. And you haven't made any point out of the analogy yet either.

Difficult to compare US and SK homicide rates without adjusting for ethnic variables (SK homicide rate is about the same as the white/Asian American homicide rates, but half of the overall US homicide rate which is doubled when 1 extremely high-homicide minority group is factored into the total). You must identity pertinent variables when comparing these things. There is a very weak correlation between gun laws/homicide rates globally and a very high correlation to ethnocultural background. IE low crime is largely an outcome of organic development, not something bestowed upon the populace via government nuance.
                Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I don't know if you're confusing me with another poster or what. I haven't switched my position on NK nukes at all. And you haven't made any point out of the analogy yet either.

Difficult to compare US and SK homicide rates without adjusting for ethnic variables (SK homicide rate is about the same as the white/Asian American homicide rates, but half of the overall US homicide rate which is doubled when 1 extremely high-homicide minority group is factored into the total). You must identity pertinent variables when comparing these things.
                  Why are you attempting to lecture me about Korea? You brought it up by saying I might like North Korea. I did you one better. Just too bad that you chose North Korea not knowing that I live in the South that is a pretty damn good image of what the US could be closer to if they had more gun restrictions. You can make excuses about that all you'd like.

And I think my point was made. Look at your post again:

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  Do you really believe this?

Their sole remaining ally China is tapering off trade. DPRK is using recently operational ICBMs to simultaneously secure Kim Jong-Uns domestic legitimacy (previous primary source: China) while holding neighboring nations hostage in the event that these trade reductions turn into permanent sanctions. The rest of the world is calling his bluff. The entire situation, the entire trajectory, predated Trump's presidency.

It's cuz drumpf said meanie things tho and now theyre mad @ us.

You chicks and you cute simple world views. Let me touch your boobs.
                  What is the problem with North Korea that you seem to have in the above quotation?

Comment

Why are you attempting to lecture me about Korea? You brought it up by saying I might like North Korea. I did you one better. Just too bad that you chose North Korea not knowing that I live in the South that is a pretty damn good image of what the US could be closer to if they had more gun restrictions. You can make excuses about that all you'd like.

And I think my point was made. Look at your post again:
                    No I didn't bring it up. You literally asked me for my opinions on the North Korean nuclear program. I answered.

You already mentioned you lived in South Korea before that. So? How is that relevant?

You clearly asked me about NK nuclear program hoping to build up to some kind of gun control analogy. Get on with it. Or did my too-balanced answer ruin the analogy?

Comment

No I didn't bring it up. You literally asked me for my opinions on the North Korean nuclear program. I answered.

You already mentioned you lived in South Korea before that. So? How is that relevant?

You clearly asked me about NK nuclear program hoping to build up to some kind of gun control analogy. Get on with it. Or did my too-balanced answer ruin the analogy?
                      1. You said I would probably like living in North Korea. You are the one who attempted to make an analogy.

2. You are ruining the analogy because you have ducked this twice now. So let's see you not duck it this time:

Originally posted by //// View Post
                      Do you really believe this?

Their sole remaining ally China is tapering off trade. DPRK is using recently operational ICBMs to simultaneously secure Kim Jong-Uns domestic legitimacy (previous primary source: China) while holding neighboring nations hostage in the event that these trade reductions turn into permanent sanctions. The rest of the world is calling his bluff. The entire situation, the entire trajectory, predated Trump's presidency.

It's cuz drumpf said meanie things tho and now theyre mad @ us.

You chicks and you cute simple world views. Let me touch your boobs.

Can you explain what you meant here and your sentiment about N. Korea? Again, this is the third time I'm asking.

Comment

Working...
                      X