Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the NRA go quiet whenever there's a mass shooting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I just defined it. Talking to something that isn't there and hearing voices in your head is a mental illness. But for some reason when you call that voice in your head "God" it's overlooked as a mental illness. If a person called a voice in their head "Alice" they'd be committed to a mental institution and put on meds. But as long as you call that voice in your head 'God' everything is ok.
    That again doesn’t answer my questions..

What’s the criteria for mental illness for banning guns?

On Prozac? Yes or no

PTSD? Yes or no

Why can’t you or Bernie answer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
      What is illogical is doing the same thing over and over Again n and expecting different results.
      America will fake sympathy for a couple days and then it will be back to business as usual
      so, what is a doable plan to make sure these tragedies never happen again

pls dont type ''ban all guns''

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        so, what is a doable plan to make sure these tragedies never happen again

pls dont type ''ban all guns''

How about banning all guns except those used for hunting and those used for the police force.

Would that be so bad? I'm in Korea. The people here don't seem too worried about not being able to carry.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post

How about banning all guns except those used for hunting and those used for the police force.

Would that be so bad? I'm in Korea. The people here don't seem too worried about not being able to carry.
          banning a 32 BILLION DOLLAR A YR product is hard to replace.

Comment

They ban drugs, how much money would they bring in if legal? Some things just cause too much harm and need to be banned.

Comment

Sure. Are lives more valuable than 32 billion dollars/year? I guess that's the issue.

Comment

What about agreeing that assault rifles should be banned?
                Assault rifles have been banned in the US for decades. When the media says "assault rifles" they literally just mean semi-automatic firearms. A ban on semi-autos would be a constitutional crisis as it would completely reverse the self-defense context of the constitution & restrict the 2nd amendment to increasingly obsolete hunting weapons.

Comment

Sure. Are lives more valuable than 32 billion dollars/year? I guess that's the issue.
                  No that's not the issue.

17 deaths are not statistically significant enough to factor into the core argument of whether firearm ownership has an overall positive or negative effect on social stability.

Nobody this emotionally impulsive or unable to grasp dependent/independent variables should be allowed to watch television. You are more of a danger to society than any gun owner.

It is humane to make decisions based on data. I believe you "people are dyin' out there!" types are actually quite apathetic and merely see a low-effort opportunity for virtue signalling.
                  Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                    Assault rifles have been banned in the US for decades. When the media says "assault rifles" they literally just mean semi-automatic firearms. A ban on semi-autos would be a constitutional crisis as it would completely reverse the self-defense context of the constitution & restrict the 2nd amendment to increasingly obsolete hunting weapons.
                    Doesn't the 2nd amendment say something about a well regulated militia?

What militia are these civilian gun owners a part of and who regulates it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Doesn't the 2nd amendment say something about a well regulated militia?

What militia are these civilian gun owners a part of and who regulates it?
                      It says that well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of the free state as a justification for firearm ownership (implying the ability for militias to be formed via armed civilians). It does not state that preemptive militia membership is a prerequisite for firearm ownership. That would defeat the whole point and be indecipherable from a state military.
                      Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X