No announcement yet.

Best Actor? Christian Bale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Good choice... he's played the sick fetished psychopath really well..
    I think its close to his true personality he strikes me as a cold guy

Comment

Harsh times is my favorite Bale movie.

I just dont like him as Batman but in all others i liked his performance. Great actor.

Comment

Subjective topic.

However, Bale is pretty good. I wouldn't put him #1 personally.

Comment

Bale is pretty good. Hard to judge "best actor" because most of the time it's the director, cinematographer, and writers that make them look good. Someone like DiCaprio has had the luxury of always being with the best (in the United States at least) so it makes his work look better than it really is. Bale is good but same thing really.

Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis, Joaquin Phoenix, Gael Garcia Bernal, Tom Hardy, Denzel Washington, James McAvoy are very talented guys who don't always get to pick the best movies but their acting abilities are always on full display.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
            Ryan Gosling just based on the role he takes. Such a wide spectrum; Lars, blue valentine, chick flick like notebook , beyond the Pine, musical LA land, nice guys, drive , and indie films like Half Nelson.

He’s just all over the place
            I watched that LaLa recently. He can't sing or dance.

It is ironic that a film about a struggling actress trying to make it big in used Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling as the stars in what was basically a musical.

They genuinely had a chance to launch to stars who could sing and dance. Found the new Gene Kelly or Ginger Rogers or whatever.

The whole time I was thinking this would definitely be better if they could sing and dance. Like a throwback film.

People seemed to like that film. Surprises me.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-21-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Peen 50 View Post
              Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Bale is pretty good. Hard to judge "best actor" because most of the time it's the director, cinematographer, and writers that make them look good. Someone like DiCaprio has had the luxury of always being with the best (in the United States at least) so it makes his work look better than it really is. Bale is good but same thing really.

Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis, Joaquin Phoenix, Gael Garcia Bernal, Tom Hardy, Denzel Washington, James McAvoy are very talented guys who don't always get to pick the best movies but their acting abilities are always on full display.
              in my opinion day-lewis and gary oldman are better actors than bale, sean penn is too. oldman used to change his voice/accent for every single character he played until around 2003. bale is good, but i can think of a couple of films he's done where another actor would have fit better, where there are no films oldman or day-lewis have done where i'd like to see someone else play the role.

Comment

DiCaprio got an oscar for a movie where he wasn't even the best actor in the movie. Tom Hardy did a much better job.

Comment

Working...
                X