No announcement yet.

For those who do not believe in God or religion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
    You're discovering that the more atheistic a society becomes, the more there's a mentality of "morals are for suckers". You can't perpetuate an ethic if you take away that ethic's underlying metaphysic.
    Great post homie, I've made atheists, only a few convert when **** went sideways for them... Hardness & ignorance evaporated in an instance.. God I wish you could have seen it..

Know it all lil punks started speaking in tongues, praying to GOD.. I let em go with a light beating..

There are no atheists in foxholes.. Not in my experience.

Comment

just because god isn't real doesn't mean I have to bang hookers and snort meth

Comment

Meh, i don’t need a book to tell me not to be a dick to people.

I’ll do nice things for people just to not be a dick, not because I want to get into heaven or get good karma or stay out of hell. I genuinely feel bad or guilty if I’m mean to someone.

I think the concept of hell and damnation as a way to keep people on track is also a very unhealthy thing. It def screwed with my head as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Great post homie, I've made atheists, only a few convert when **** went sideways for them... Hardness & ignorance evaporated in an instance.. God I wish you could have seen it..

Know it all lil punks started speaking in tongues, praying to GOD.. I let em go with a light beating..

There are no atheists in foxholes.. Not in my experience.
          Yeah, well, I doubt I'll ever convert anyone. Really, that stuff isn't even in my hands anyway so I don't worry about it. I don't do tongues btw: The Pentecostals are a little too far out for me, though they do great music.

Comment

I do believe in God but I'm not too religious.

I do pray sometimes but I can't remember the last time I went to church.

Comment

There aint no fkin god dude lol. That sht is for weak people.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                If we just appeared out of "SCIENCE" then does life have any meaning at all?? Why does good or bad even matter?? we just live and die right??? So there are no consequences so who cares? Live, make your money party and die right?
                Interesting take on this topic.
                "The Field" by Lynne Mctaggart.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                  Meh, i don’t need a book to tell me not to be a dick to people.

I’ll do nice things for people just to not be a dick, not because I want to get into heaven or get good karma or stay out of hell. I genuinely feel bad or guilty if I’m mean to someone.

I think the concept of hell and damnation as a way to keep people on track is also a very unhealthy thing. It def screwed with my head as a kid.
                  Green karma sent..

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                    If we just appeared out of "SCIENCE" then does life have any meaning at all?? Why does good or bad even matter?? we just live and die right??? So there are no consequences so who cares? Live, make your money party and die right?
                    What do you mean "why does good and bad matter", "there are no consequences so who cares?"

Do religious folk only be good because they think they'll be rewarded?

You don't need god to have empathy and know what's right and wrong.

If you're only a good person because you fear god, then you aren't really a good person. You're doing it to benefit yourself, you're a selfish person.

Comment

Life has more meaning for atheists as they know it's all they have and live it to the fullest while for religious people it's just a trial run or test for eternal life and waste it trying to impress a mythical being.

If you believe in heaven then why would you want to be here on boring old earth ?
                      Last edited by Furn; 01-04-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X