Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Ravens pleads for fans to come back after noticeable no-shows at home games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Okay, but the odds don't matter in the discussion though. You're certainly not getting CTE over flag football - which is perfectly acceptable in schools at kid age. But soccer has just as much chance to get to that point as football - being that it's futbol and all.

My point: let the kid do what they want to do as long as they and their parents understand and accept the risks.
    But of course the odds matter. The risk isn't even close. You're much more likely to develop brain trauma in football than soccer. I won't discuss flag football because I've not yet seen flag football as a legit competition sport in any school district I've visited. Could it grow into one? I'm not sure. Haven't seen it yet.

I do agree that as long as parents know the risk they should let the kids play. The thing is parents are now becoming aware of the risks and pulling their kids out of the sport, and putting them in others like soccer. Hence why my comment was that in a few years soccer could take over in the US.

Comment

A few years back I read in a study that girls soccer actually has very high rates of concussions. Even more so than football for boys. Here it is:

Researchers from Northwestern University and Wake Forest University studied data from football, soccer, basketball, wrestling and baseball participation for boys; soccer, basketball, volleyball and softball for girls.

The results showed a striking gender-based difference in the incidents of concussion. Football, a sport most typically associated with brain injury but also has a high number of total injuries due to its being a collision sport, was fourth on the list of concussion as a percentage of total injuries, behind girls’ soccer, girls’ volleyball and girls’ basketball.

“We were surprised at how the incidence of concussions particularly in girls over the past five years has increased,” Hsu said. “And we found that sports that weren’t typically linked to concussion are actually quite risky.”
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.935ef3052a94

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
        With all due respect, the game which you denigrate uses a ‘foot’ to kick a ‘ball’. It’s the most popular sport in the entire world, so afford it some respect and call it ‘football’, eh?

I enjoy* watching the American version of rugby for fat sissies as much as the next man, but in that sport you use your ‘hand’ to move an ‘egg’ so please refer to it as ‘Handegg’ in the future. Cheers.

*Well, as much as anyone can enjoy following the Lions.
        Of course it's the most popular sport in the world, it's a 3rd world sport and most of the world is 3rd world. All you need to play are legs, feet, and a circular object. 'Murica is a developed nation. That's why our most popular sports require more than just being born with legs and feet

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Of course it's the most popular sport in the world, it's a 3rd world sport and most of the world is 3rd world. All you need to play are legs, feet, and a circular object. 'Murica is a developed nation. That's why our most popular sports require more than just being born with legs and feet
          Yeah, you need shoulder pads that wouldn’t look out of place on Dynasty and an egg. I understand the ‘play’ system was put in place because the average ‘Murican’s attention span is four seconds. Still, at least y’all are world champs at it (and rounders) every year.

Comment

Yeah, you need shoulder pads that wouldn’t look out of place on Dynasty and an egg. I understand the ‘play’ system was put in place because the average ‘Murican’s attention span is four seconds. Still, at least y’all are world champs at it (and rounders) every year.
            Yes. You actually need money to play American sports. That's why kickball/soccer isn't as popular here as it is in the rest of the world. Don't get jealous. Boss up!

Comment

Yes. You actually need money to play American sports. That's why kickball/soccer isn't as popular here as it is in the rest of the world. Don't get jealous. Boss up!
              Ah yes, that’s why all of the developed nations in Europe and suchlike have all rushed to take up Handegg, because they have the money to indulge in its inherent superiority over football.

Comment

Ah yes, that’s why all of the developed nations in Europe and suchlike have all rushed to take up Handegg, because they have the money to indulge in its inherent superiority over football.
                Europe picked up Soccer from China. Just like tea and the dining ware, China.

Comment

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
                    Bruva, you really native? If so, why are you so mad? The Pilgrims raped your women and stoled your land, yet you're mad 'cause the bruvas are "disrespecting" the flag? COME ON, SON!!!!!!!
                    They didn't do that to me. Holding a grudge from 300-400 years ago? Cmon man...people have to move on and move forward with their lives. If not, you're going to be like my relatives who never left the Rez, are broke as fcuk but complain about "the man" all day long. Fcuk that, I am a veteran, have a bachelors degree and work in law enforcement. Fcuk all that victim ****. That's coming from a halfbreed redskin.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                      B]work in law enforcement[/B]. Fcuk all that victim ****. That's coming from a halfbreed redskin.
                      Oh really.

Fact check, sweetheart, you stand on your feet for 12 hours a day, clean p1ss, get spat on... you can't even carry a gun.

But you're in "law enforcement"...

Comment

Working...
                      X