Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Year End Review of Trumps Performance as President, Grade Him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Our system is the electoral college for better or worse.

The country by state level is definitely more conservative, meaning there are more red states than blue ones. Liberals are concentrated in large quan****** primarily in coastal cities.
    Trump was outgunned in California 2-1 where there were 13 million voters. Thats beyond ridiculous, and the reason for it, is that he didn't step foot in California to campaign for himself because he knew it was a lost cause, so even if he flipped 3 million people he still would've lost.

However,

If we counted the popular vote vs electoral then the whole game would change. Instead of campaigning in the countrysides of places like the rust belt, Trump would've taken his message to perhaps LA, Sand Diego, Dallas, NYC, after all he wouldn't have to win the state, just sway enough people in those places.

There is no denying that there is a huge concentration of liberals in this country. Thankfully most of them are concentrated to particular areas rather than being spread evenly across the country.
    Well hold on now I don't want to get distracted by a discussion of pop vote vs electoral vote. My original claim that you responded to with the map is that less than 50% of people in the country are conservative, which is true and which the map doesn't disprove.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Tax plan hasn't been enacted yet. Can't give credit for that just yet.

Under the Bad what about:

-the failed judicial nominations
      -the failure to repeal Obamacare, which was the central theme of his candidacy.
      -the high turnover in his cabinet
      -the Russia investigation that has led to 2 guilty pleas and an indictment of his former staff
      -his 32% approval rating
      -his failed endorsement of Strange and then Moore that helped a Democrat get elected Senator in Alabama
      - Golf (something he was very critical of President Obama) as of November 13 in the first year of each man's presidency, Trump 35 rounds, Obama 24 rounds (not counting times Trump didn't tell media truth about playing).

Come on Jim, you can't leave this stuff out.
      I'll include the first 3 points of what you listed, however the rest is a stretch.

The low approval rating has a lot to do with 90% of the media reporting negatively on him, and I included that as part of him needing to stop tweeting. He hasn't wrote anything controversial in 2-3 weeks and his approval rating jumped like 3-5 points.

His failed endorsement of Strange and Moore doesn't reflect on his policies and job performance as president. He did what any leader of their party would do, try and get more sets in congress.

And finally, I never minded when Obama golfed either. Presidents deserve leisure time, their job is stressful as is.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Well hold on now I don't want to get distracted by a discussion of pop vote vs electoral vote. My original claim that you responded to with the map is that less than 50% of people in the country are conservative, which is true and which the map doesn't disprove.
        Let me ask you something. The black folk especially the older black folk residing in places like Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, etc... where they make up more than 30% of those states population. Black folk who go to church and pray, these people vote overwhelmingly Democrat, but socially would you consider them liberal or conservative?

Did more overall people vote Democrat this past election? Yes, but are more people liberal or conservative in this country? I'd say conservative.

Comment

Let me ask you something. The black folk especially the older black folk residing in places like Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, etc... where they make up more than 30% of those states population. Black folk who go to church and pray, these people vote overwhelmingly Democrat, but socially would you consider them liberal or conservative?

Did more overall people vote Democrat this past election? Yes, but are more people liberal or conservative in this country? I'd say conservative.
          True, there are people who are socially conservative and fiscally not who vote Democrat but you are only looking at it one way. As in, would you happen to know how many socially liberal people vote Republican?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            True, there are people who are socially conservative and fiscally not who vote Democrat but you are only looking at it one way. As in, would you happen to know how many socially liberal people vote Republican?
            I would say not that many, certainly not as many conservatives who vote Democrat. From the church going black folk, to the heavily catholic Latino populations.

Comment

I would say not that many, certainly not as many conservatives who vote Democrat. From the church going black folk, to the heavily catholic Latino populations.
              I disagree.

People are more prone to vote for their wallets then for the social causes they may support.

For example, I may support decriminalizing weed for social reasons, but it wont supercede my support/need for lower taxes, because that one will benefit me directly.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                I disagree.

People are more prone to vote for their wallets then for the social causes they may support.

For example, I may support decriminalizing weed for social reasons, but it wont supercede my support/need for lower taxes, because that one will benefit me directly.
                Well no you dont disagree, because I absolutely agree that people vote with their wallets first and foremost.

Black folk and Latino's are more likely to vote Democrat because the Democrats are more likely to meet their financial needs. In the 1930's-1960's the Democrats were the official party of the KKK and of the staunch racists, yet they captured the black vote by overwhelming numbers.

If the economy is booming and these demographics are doing extremely well under a Republican, the chances of them voting for that Republican in re-election are very high, the same is true for the opposite.

Comment

I'll include the first 3 points of what you listed, however the rest is a stretch.

The low approval rating has a lot to do with 90% of the media reporting negatively on him, and I included that as part of him needing to stop tweeting. He hasn't wrote anything controversial in 2-3 weeks and his approval rating jumped like 3-5 points.

His failed endorsement of Strange and Moore doesn't reflect on his policies and job performance as president. He did what any leader of their party would do, try and get more sets in congress.

And finally, I never minded when Obama golfed either. Presidents deserve leisure time, their job is stressful as is.
                  with respect to great foreign policy:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...off/972960001/

U.N. General Assembly repudiates Trump on Jerusalem decision despite his threat of U.S. aid cutoff. The U.N. body voted 128-9 to declare Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital "null and void." Thirty-five nations abstained.

Comment

Well no you dont disagree, because I absolutely agree that people vote with their wallets first and foremost.

Black folk and Latino's are more likely to vote Democrat because the Democrats are more likely to meet their financial needs. In the 1930's-1960's the Democrats were the official party of the KKK and of the staunch racists, yet they captured the black vote by overwhelming numbers.

If the economy is booming and these demographics are doing extremely well under a Republican, the chances of them voting for that Republican in re-election are very high, the same is true for the opposite.
                    Jim thats a ridiculous over simplification of the Democratic party. during that time Blacks in the US were disproportionately poor. The New Deal policies from Democrat FDR were aimed at the poor, hence large support from blacks. Also, the Southern blur dog dems were racist, yes, but that wasn't the rest of the party.

You continually create the false narrative that the minority vote is purchased by Democrats. Yet you never suggest the Republican party purchases the white vote through the things it does.

As I said to you in an earlier discussion if you discuss the issues that people care about, you will get the minority vote because minorities have the same issues as whites , controlling for income/net worth.

If, however, the Republican party continues to focus on abortion, voter ID laws, and issues that only appeal to the base, which lacks people of color, then you can't expect minorities to vote Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      with respect to great foreign policy:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...off/972960001/

U.N. General Assembly repudiates Trump on Jerusalem decision despite his threat of U.S. aid cutoff. The U.N. body voted 128-9 to declare Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital "null and void." Thirty-five nations abstained.
                      The U.N. cast their vote for Trump to rescind his claims that Jerusalem is the capital.... Yeah like that is going to happen.

American leads, those other countries follow. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, and should be completely in Israeli and not terrorist control.

Americans love this kind of stuff, because prior Presidents didn't have the balls to do this.

Comment

Working...
                      X