No announcement yet.

End of Net Neutrality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Regulations in liberal cities have ran off Uber and Lyft and cost the drivers their jobs.

The liberal Democrats running Austin de facto banned both companies via overbearing regulations.

It took the Republicans at the State level to outlaw the city regulations that were de facto bans to get Uber and Lyft to return to Austin.

It was a textbook example of the Democrats taking away personal choice and the Republicans giving it back.
    Wow. I didn't know they ran Uber and Lyft off. Man, you gotta be low down to do that.

I'm glad Austin got them back.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      Wow. I didn't know they ran Uber and Lyft off. Man, you gotta be low down to do that.

I'm glad Austin got them back.
      It was bad.

The Councilwoman who introduced the regulations that ran them off had received campaign donations from the taxi companies.

The regulations still were passed.

Comment

It was bad.

The Councilwoman who introduced the regulations that ran them off had received campaign donations from the taxi companies.

The regulations still were passed.
        Clear corruption.

Disgraceful.

Comment

LMFAO at all the grubers here illustrating their complete ignorance of capitalism and free markets.

More competition and lower regulations is always good for smart consumers.
          It never ceases to amaze me how many Communist douchebags are running around this forum.....

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            The people in this thread are such morons, if what you say comes to fruition where Verizon only makes you use Yahoo, or another provider only allows google, then guess what, a third and fourth provider will appear and provide you with everything once again! It's called capitalism. Remember when phone companies used to charge you for going over data, minutes, and text messages? Well, one of them decided to offer all of that an unlimited rate, for a cheaper price, and then every single one of them fell in line.
            I was actually thinking the same.
            I remember when smartphones first came out. Some companies like att offered unlimited data. Then seeing that there was money to be made in limiting the data, they stopped offering unlimited (Some people got grandfathered in) and offered plans with a certain amount of data.

Today it's back to unlimited for a majority of companies.

Comment

Before NN, the majority of Americans had 4-6 choices on ISPs, stupid ass.

You’re an idiot, what does net neutrality have to do with mergers?
              If anything it’s an argument for tougher antitrust laws and breaking up all these huge corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                You’re an idiot, what does net neutrality have to do with mergers?
                If anything it’s an argument for tougher antitrust laws and breaking up all these huge corporations.
                How many corporations has it broken up since it became the law?

Comment

I am skeptical that this will be as bad as some have painted it but I am nonetheless annoyed about it on principle. Not that it is impossible we will get shafted on all ends if ISPs unilaterally want to shutoff access to particular services, but I wouldn't expect it (especially initially, since they will know the anti-net neutrality folk are primed for intense outrage right now).

New companies won't have a chance to become competitors to existing internet behemoths, especially to bandwidth heavy services like Netflix.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 11-22-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

How many corporations has it broken up since it became the law?

Plenty of mergers have been shut down by the government.

But the last big one I remember was The US vs AT&T.
                    Then the lobbyist and corporations have all but neutered antitrust laws by paying off democrats and republicans alike.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                      Plenty of mergers have been shut down by the government.

But the last big one I remember was The US vs AT&T.
                      Then the lobbyist and corporations have all but neutered antitrust laws by paying off democrats and republicans alike.
                      Have there been any shut down specifically because of Net Neutrality?

Comment

Working...
                      X