No announcement yet.

End of Net Neutrality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Net Neutrality

The end of net neutrality under Trump will herald in the beginning of the end for streaming services and the cableization of the internet.

Basically if you enjoyed paying too much for Cable you have nothing to worry about.

But if you’re a cord cutter get ready to pay for unthrottled internet and restricted areas of the internet.

I wasn’t really concerned too much about Trumps buffoonery but now he’s really annoying me.
    Last edited by BoxingTech718; 11-22-2017, 05:32 PM.

I knew I was paying out the ass to Comcast for a reason.

Faith restored in getting pissed on, and not asking for a rain coat.

Comment

This will NE the end of the Internet as you know it, you'll have to pay for websites like this one.

Just to give an example of how horrible this is, if you have Verizon you'll only have access to yahoo. No more google. Because Verizon owns yahoo, so they'll make you use their service.

It will be like tv where you have to pay for packages of channels and pay separate for certain channels. A complete fcking disaster.

Thanks Trump and your republicans for This.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        I knew I was paying out the ass to Comcast for a reason.

Faith restored in getting pissed on, and not asking for a rain coat.
        Just bend over, bite the pillow, and spread em baby. The American consumer is about to take it dry no lube.
        From ISPs and Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          This will NE the end of the Internet as you know it, you'll have to pay for websites like this one.

Just to give an example of how horrible this is, if you have Verizon you'll only have access to yahoo. No more google. Because Verizon owns yahoo, so they'll make you use their service.

It will be like tv where you have to pay for packages of channels and pay separate for certain channels. A complete fcking disaster.

Thanks Trump and your republicans for This.
          Don’t forget How this will potentially affect Social media as well.
          Facebook get probably the most traffick in the world right now.
          ISPs will probably come out with packages that boast faster access to Facebook and if you don’t buy them you get slowed down.
          Last edited by BoxingTech718; 11-22-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            Just bend over, bite the pillow, and spread em baby. The American consumer is about to take it dry no lube.
            From ISPs and Trump.
            Yep, people have no clue how bad this is and once it happens it's too late.

imagine AT&T which owns HBO. Do you think they Would let another carrier show Game of Thrones? Fck no, you'll have to buy an AT&T channel package to watch it.

Comment

Does this mean a sudden exodus of window lickers here?

Asking for a friend.

Comment

welp...if i gotta pay to post here, i just wanna say im gonna miss you guys

well not really but you know what i mean

Comment

The internet will be much better off because of this.

Less regulations is usually a good thing.

No difference here.

Rejoice!

http://fortune.com/2017/11/21/fcc-net-neutrality/

Comment

How is less choices and higher prices better?

Comment

Working...
                    X