What makes the USA so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    When?

Would you say USA was less bigoted in the 1960's? Were gun nuts less prevalent 30 years ago when you could still purchase fully automatic weapons? And were Americans more educated prior to the internet?
    You might be right, America was never great they just had the best propaganda and TV for a while. People are starting to wise up an resentment seems towards the US seems to be at an all time high.

Electing Donald Trump has really made people outside of America look at the states as a joke, the man is clearly a huge idiot and a pervert. His disgusting fake tan, imported bride, lack of class and constant twitter usage make him appear to be a complete idiot to the rest of the world and the fact that people voted for him in mass makes people look down on the nation as a whole.

America is done.

The UK
    Canada
    Dubai (outside of draconian laws, is tax free)
    Germany
    Australia
    The netherlands

Are all better places to live than the US now. In fact in most survey's listing best places to live in the world American cities rarely ever show up.

The US has become a **** hole
    Last edited by nubianpiye; 10-30-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
      You might be right, America was never great they just had the best propaganda and TV for a while. People are starting to wise up an resentment seems towards the US seems to be at an all time high.

Electing Donald Trump has really made people outside of America look at the states as a joke, the man is clearly a huge idiot and a pervert. His disgusting fake tan, imported bride, lack of class and constant twitter usage make him appear to be a complete idiot to the rest of the world and the fact that people voted for him in mass makes people look down on the nation as a whole.

America is done.

The UK
      Canada
      Germany
      Australia
      The netherlands

Are all better places to live than the US now. In fact in most survey's listing best places to live in the world American cities rarely ever show up.

What country do you live in?

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
        I see this question get asked a lot and most of the time I find the answer to the question to be wrong. You have the folks comparing us to 3rd world countries which aren't fair. And then you have the less than well informed saying stupid stuff like "we have the best propaganda".

The US gets a lot of credit for its accomplishments from the past. The US has single handily changed the world. Saved Europe, defeated the Russians, defeated Germany, temporarily killed the oppressive ideology of communism, enshrined the greatest economic system in capitalism, and solved many of the world's problems.

The US is starting to lose a lot of its luster. The culture is starting to become stale, freedom is no longer a core principal to many residents, and most of our entertainment now just propaganda.

But even currently we are the biggest providers worldwide both militarily and economically, without us many countries wouldn't exist as they do today.
        1: Russia pretty much won the war and saved Europe, the decisive ww2 battle was Stalingrad.

2: The us has never been in war with russians, however CCCP may have swolloed western Europe if it wasnt backed by the US.

3: killed of the proletarian dictatorship known as the cccp?, real communisme was never practiced.

4: Capitalism arose after mercantilism with the industrial revoultion this pretty much started in GB and spread to the US later.

5: yes the US is the worls economic and military superpower.

Comment

As a side note, ive been once to the US and everybody asked me how it was to visit such a free Country? I was a bit confused since ive never really thought of the us as particulary free

Comment

Originally posted by papichulosweg View Post
            Easy enough what makes this place so great i Been living here for 20 plus year I would call this place good but I wouldn't go as far as great.(Ps I love Donald Trump)
            Most powerful militarily, economically and politically

Comment

America is done.

The UK
              Canada
              Germany
              Australia
              The netherlands

AKA

Dubai (if you don't think about the schittiest parts about living there)

Dubai is a place I could tolerate for about a week. Then I'm avoiding the rest of the Middle East and hopping on a plane straight back to this great nation.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-30-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

You can see all the self hating Americans in this thread.

The US might not be the greatest place to live but it is definitely one the best regardless what the haters say.

People focus too much on the negative when there are much for positive in the US

Comment

America is done.

The UK
                  Canada
                  Germany
                  Australia
                  The netherlands

Where do you live?
                  What great country are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                    Where do you live?
                    What great country are you from?
                    I don't happen to be from a particularly great country in fact I'd describe it as a **** hole and intend to leave as soon as possible.

Comment

I don't happen to be from a particularly great country in fact I'd describe it as a **** hole and intend to leave as soon as possible.
                      Then you should go to the UK or canada or all those countries you mentioned. After staying there a few years living under their rules, their taxes and their healthcare come back and tell us how much better they are than the US

Comment

Working...
                      X