Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun sales always rise AFTER mass shootings...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    Fam, all Im saying is those are illogical reactions.
    Homie not really. When we have a hurricane or a blizzard warning, people go to the market and stock up just in case. They fill their tanks up. they buy non perishables in case the power goes out. buy extra water. get cash. people are unsure so they over prepare.

When mass shootings happen, people get nervous, scared. They figure it can happen in their neighborhood so they buy more guns to feel they and their families are protected.

People tend to watch events unfold on TV and the net. As the discussion advances people hear comments (especially right leaning sites/channels) and worry that the gov't may limit sales of weapons in the future so they stock up just in case.

people realize the shooter/murderer has more firepower than they do. "I need equal firepower" becomes the mindset and they go purchase a new, more powerful weapon and more ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      muh Senator
      muh Senator
      muh Senator
      muh Senator
      muh Senator
      muh Senator

You're a broken record.

Take a couple weeks in Time Out and try and fix your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Homie not really. When we have a hurricane or a blizzard warning, people go to the market and stock up just in case. They fill their tanks up. they buy non perishables in case the power goes out. buy extra water. get cash. people are unsure so they over prepare.

When mass shootings happen, people get nervous, scared. They figure it can happen in their neighborhood so they buy more guns to feel they and their families are protected.

People tend to watch events unfold on TV and the net. As the discussion advances people hear comments (especially right leaning sites/channels) and worry that the gov't may limit sales of weapons in the future so they stock up just in case.

people realize the shooter/murderer has more firepower than they do. "I need equal firepower" becomes the mindset and they go purchase a new, more powerful weapon and more ammo.
        Close.

People do often stock up after a mass shooting (though I don't know if they did when the Bernie voter shot up the Reps baseball game).

They aren't worried about a mass shooting in their neighborhoods. Why would they, since that's not where they happen??

They are worried about guns being confiscated by the Gov't and they want to give themselves a fighting chance.

That's why they stock up after shootings. For the previous 8 years, every mass shooting the Party in the WH called for more gun bans/regulations. Ther'd be a shooting, and people would stock up.

That's why gun sales are so down under Trump. Folks aren't worried about a ban with him in the WH.

Now if Trump flip-flops and decides to champion gun control, I'd wager you'll see gun sales shoot up again, especially after any more mass shootings.

Speaking for myself, I did stock up shortly before the election. Bought a new AR-15 and alot of rounds, for starters. I was fearful those weapons would be banned under a Hillary presidency, and I expected her to win.

I've not bought any new firearms since the election, fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

There was a guy at the concert who had more guns than the shooter. It's a kinda funny story imma post later.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Close.

People do often stock up after a mass shooting (though I don't know if they did when the Bernie voter shot up the Reps baseball game).

They aren't worried about a mass shooting in their neighborhoods. Why would they, since that's not where they happen??

They are worried about guns being confiscated by the Gov't and they want to give themselves a fighting chance.

That's why they stock up after shootings. For the previous 8 years, every mass shooting the Party in the WH called for more gun bans/regulations. Ther'd be a shooting, and people would stock up.

That's why gun sales are so down under Trump. Folks aren't worried about a ban with him in the WH.

Now if Trump flip-flops and decides to champion gun control, I'd wager you'll see gun sales shoot up again, especially after any more mass shootings.

Speaking for myself, I did stock up shortly before the election. Bought a new AR-15 and alot of rounds, for starters. I was fearful those weapons would be banned under a Hillary presidency, and I expected her to win.

I've not bought any new firearms since the election, fyi.
            Hillary is gonna ban AR-15 while the party in control of the Senate & House are the party of the NRA. That's what he means whenhe said its ridiculous to think guns are going to be banned and those people don't know how govt works.

And even if the Democrats gey 100 Senators & 435 members of the House & the presidency, a gun ban law would be immediately struck down by the Supreme court.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              You have nothing so you go to personal attacks and try to change the subject

MUH SENATOR DOE
              Only this time, he couldnt stop himself at insulting just you, he felt the need to attack 'your community'.

Comment

If you're going to do a broken record, stuck on stupid routine I'll be forced to put you in Time Out until you learn yourself.

Do you want that, or can you conduct yourself like an adult and address my point?

The point has been settled, in my favor, long ago. I made a 100% factual statement. You keep responding with "But....".

Your attrition nonsense is annoying me.
                What point has supposedly been settled?

Comment

Try again. False equivalence.

No matter how many votes they have, they can't tip an island over.

Get enough votes for a gun ban and they have a gun ban.
                  Crazy politicians is a true equivalence lol. There are always a few of them.

And there was a legit guy who thought some island could tip over if too many people stood on one side of it lmfao. Theres videos of him asking ******ed questions to some high ranking military guy & the military guy being shook by how f#cking stupid he was. I'm not saying anyone else but he believed that sh^t. Believe it was a D guy so you don't need to harbor any shame for his stupid ass, but there are stupid R guys too who believe you can cure every gay person or that Jesus is coming or other random bs.

And finally sure there is math that can vote that we turn into a society that has a Purge movie type event every year, but the reality for the non-tards is that isn't happening & neither is a gun ban cuz there is too much of a culture against those things becoming a reality for everyone else. More gun restrictions are reasonable middle ground, banning all guns is crazytown & isn't even doable if Trump was Hitler Jr. I'd imagine.

Comment

They go up because people wanna protect themselves from a lunatic in the future

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      What point has supposedly been settled?
                      That a sitting US Senator advocates a gun ban.

Geez, can't you guys keep up just once?!

Comment

Working...
                      X