Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun sales always rise AFTER mass shootings...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Dude is a p*ssy. He said he reported me to the FBI because I said i dont have a problem with racist getting shot after Scalise was shot at that baseball game for Congress.
    Jesus Christ man...

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
      Cetainly they can change and the Founders envisioned this and put in place a legal framework for us to change things if as a country we decided to do so. Reinterpeting laws to fit our belief structure is'nt that legal framework.

I'm not sure what the size or makeup of our country has to do with the seperation of powers between the Fed and state governments. Absolutely anything someone wants the Feds to do, states either already do or can do if their people so choose. There is no Constitutional ban on states haveing their own healthcare systems, SS or basicly any program that exists under the Feds. If anything the size and diversity of our country should tell people that a one size fits all solution is asinine and thus state power should be even greater imo.
      I think we as a people have a responsibility to change them to meet the new needs of society. The Founders weren't faced with the same challenges we are today.

The Founders also weren't dealing with the outside factors that prevent reasonable debate. The founders were just as split as the nation is today on these issues, they just didn't have the NRA lobby to deal with.

When the country is smaller and more heterogeneous, the economy is local and travel is limited it makes sense that certain issues will be handled by the states.

In a national economy, where its easy to get from state to and the population is large and diverse, leaving certain decisions to the states creates inequity that threatens the health and welfare of the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I think we as a people have a responsibility to change them to meet the new needs of society. The Founders weren't faced with the same challenges we are today.

The Founders also weren't dealing with the outside factors that prevent reasonable debate. The founders were just as split as the nation is today on these issues, they just didn't have the NRA lobby to deal with.

When the country is smaller and more heterogeneous, the economy is local and travel is limited it makes sense that certain issues will be handled by the states.

In a national economy, where its easy to get from state to and the population is large and diverse, leaving certain decisions to the states creates inequity that threatens the health and welfare of the nation.
        If enough people agree with you then there is a legal framework to change things. Until then, trying to circumvent the legal system is nothing but a recipe for chaos, not order. I mean if people want to flippantly ignore our legal system. Why would'nt they just ignore the way you want things?

Comment

If enough people agree with you then there is a legal framework to change things. Until then, trying to circumvent the legal system is nothing but a recipe for chaos, not order. I mean if people want to flippantly ignore our legal system. Why would'nt they just ignore the way you want things?
          I'm in no way trying to circumvent anything. I have not advocated that in any way. I am advocating for fair debate and compromise, even though I have a very strong opinion on what should be done to address the issue.

There will always be people who ignore the law. That doesn't mean we should sit paralyzed and do nothing IMO.

Comment

I'm in no way trying to circumvent anything. I have not advocated that in any way. I am advocating for fair debate and compromise, even though I have a very strong opinion on what should be done to address the issue.

There will always be people who ignore the law. That doesn't mean we should sit paralyzed and do nothing IMO.
            Allowing the Feds to regulate weapons is absolutely circumventing the law. There is no two ways about it. There is no compromise if we are to follow the law. Either you follow the law and use the framework for change layed out in the Constitution or you try to circumvent the legal framework to get your way. There is no third option.

Comment

Allowing the Feds to regulate weapons is absolutely circumventing the law. There is no two ways about it. There is no compromise if we are to follow the law. Either you follow the law and use the framework for change layed out in the Constitution or you try to circumvent the legal framework to get your way. There is no third option.
              I am not suggesting the feds just come in and regulate weapons. I am suggesting Congress debate it and come to a compromise solution, even though my personal opinion is certain weapons designed for military use be restricted for sale to the public.

Comment

...my personal opinion is certain weapons designed for military use be restricted for sale to the public.
                Automatic weapons used to be legal in this country.

Now many mass shootings with automatic weapons did we have back then?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Dude is a p*ssy. He said he reported me to the FBI because I said i dont have a problem with racist getting shot after Scalise was shot at that baseball game for Congress.
                  You spend pretty much every waking minute of your life posting fanatic anti-white threads in a boxing subforum instead of working... I'd wager you're already on some watchlist

Comment

Not sure Im following you here.

What law is being circumvented?

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Not sure Im following you here.

What law is being circumvented?
                      2nd amendment-A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Comment

Working...
                      X