No announcement yet.

God/Nature punishing US because Trump cancelled gloabal warming agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
    I spoken to Dawkins before. He's style is to try to set the terms of the conversation and then cry like a girl when you don't play the game. He talks about reality, but that's what he's most cut off from. He wouldn't last a day in actual reality.
    1bad65's technique is best suited for losing debates in a debate hall, as far as I can tell.

I don't know any liberals as easily triggered as him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      You took that as an insult?

Do you basically look through people's posts for anything that is even the most mildly insulting in your view in order to claim victory, than copy and paste this same drivel?

Yikes.
      Um, no.

Remember, I'm on record saying no one wins or loses on Internet forums.

Gotta keep up.

I did what I did for two reasons. First, I warned him to cut the insults. He doubled down on them instead. Second, it was a battle if attrition anyway and he had long before stopped debating facts and reality and was arguing emotion and opinion instead.

Since my purpose of online debate is solely to see if my beliefs hold up in open debate, and that had already happened many times over, it was at the pointless stage anyway.

Now if you, or anyone else, would like to discuss the atomic bombings of Japan I'm game. Just do so like an adult and not like he did.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
        What about Blair professor? Was it your teachers who taught you how to make such convenient exits? 🤔
        If you'd like answers, and sibce yiu keep asking you surely must, I'm a second chance type person.

Apologize for the insults, state that nonsense won't happen again, and you get your second chance.

Ball's in your court....

Comment

1bad65's technique is best suited for losing debates in a debate hall, as far as I can tell.

He always uses an excuse when he realises that he's contradicted himself earlier in the conversation. First he lies, and when he can't get out of it he awards himself the victory in a debate. He told you that theres no winners and losers and then tells someone they've "conceded" the debate. Then he "stonewalls" because he's ego can't handle being exposed as a bit of a wally rather than a professor like he's hero. He really is quite funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            You're quite welcome.

Now I must admit it is fairly easy to refute those who put emotion over fact, and then when called on it turn to insults.

It wasn't uncommon in my day to have Debate professors/teachers tell students on Day 1 that if anyone resorts to insults in a debate it is an automatic 'F' for them.
            Smiling... You are my people..

Comment

If you'd like answers, and sibce yiu keep asking you surely must, I'm a second chance type person.

Apologize for the insults, state that nonsense won't happen again, and you get your second chance.

Ball's in your court....
              Just get some help. Stonewalling conversations and then trying to get someone to fit into your frame are all sociapthic narcissistic traits that make communication very difficult. You can't answer the Blair thing,we all know it,theres no need to make yourself look silly trying.

Comment

First off, not a liberal.

Second, insults have been considered a concession to any debate for centuries guys.

And it still is today. Not my fault if others aren't up to speed on Debate 101.

Remember....

'When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.' -Socrates

Fyi I did fine in moderated, face to face debates, btw. Excellent practice, and I'd recommend it for everyone who likes to engage in any type of debate. Training yourself in something before engaging in it is common sense imo.

Comment

First off, not a liberal.

Second, insults have been considered a concession to any debate for centuries guys.

And it still is today. Not my fault if others aren't up to speed on Debate 101.

Remember....

'When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.' -Socrates

Fyi I did fine in moderated, face to face debates, btw. Excellent practice, and I'd recommend it for everyone who likes to engage in any type of debate. Training yourself in something before engaging in it is common sense imo.
                  I didn't say you were a liberal.

"Debate is lost" - Ok, so now you say there are winners and losers to a debate on an internet forum, even though just minutes ago you said there aren't?

If you are gonna keep this over the top debate competition participant thing going for ya, can you at least keep it consistent?

Comment

wrong, it's because we let the gays in and took down the 10 commandments from state capitals.

Comment

• You're being snarky and illustrating that you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

That's an annoying combo, btw.

You're a hair away from going on Ignore, where you then get none of your questions addressed.....

You're getting out of debate by hurling insults knowing I don't play such nonsense, and anyone intellectually honest sees it.

If I'm ducking as you assert, call my bluff. Ask the questions in an adult manner. If I then refuse to answer them, you proved I was trying to duck.

But we both know you can't because you have no argument outside of personal insults and name-calling.

Comment

Working...
                      X