Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how insane is America's tipping culture?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
    I mean I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would appear to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. If you show me a piece of paper that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it. But what I won't do is play ball. And this non-college bullshit you're givin' me, I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.
    He's convinced me. Gimme my dollar back!

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Yeah when I used to bartend and someone didn't tip I was pissed.

I'm a crappy bartender anyway though so whatever
      You need to flirt more bro.

Get those fat chicks and gay dudes to give you big tips.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Why be a miserable **** with your money, we're all gonna die at the end. Nothing bad has happened to me for tipping.
        Pretty much this, tipping a few bucks is nothing.

If they do a satisfactory job, I always about 15%. If they do a great job, I tip much more.

If they do a crappy job, I don't tip ****. No reason to reward someone doing a ****ty ass job. I'm a very reasonable guy, if they can at least communicate and explain why they're having issues then I would tip anyways. Some things are beyond the employees control, not fair to punish them for it. Communication is everything with me, just don't leave me in the dark or I'll just assume they do a crappy job everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          It depends on the service. I don't tip Chinese people though.

What a ****ing racist that Beercules is.
          You are right. I met my wife in SGV and lived in Arcadia for a bit and i hated it mainly because there were so many chinese.

Chinese people are rude by nature.

There were handful of times when i got rowdy at Chinese restaurants because i didnt like the service. My wife who is Taiwanese would always tell me that Chinese just come off as rude but they are really not. And im like mann i dont give a fuk cuz im not used to sht like this. Im used to well mannered white people so when im surrounded by these chinamen , they seem uncivilized.

1. Korea
          2. Japan

China

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            I tip well because those workers are paid like shiet and they're more likely to use that money on basic necessities than I am. Especially with businesses I am likely to order from / come back to, since they tend to remember people who tip well.

And I definitely make sure to tip my barber well. Don't want him to half ass my cuts.

But I don't agree with it in principle. Workers shouldn't be so poorly paid that they need the tips to get by.
            its their choice to work there. i myself, dont believe in tip. your ass is suppose to service me, that's your damm job!! you want a tip, go and talk to your manager about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
              So you guys don't tip at all where you live?

Over here it's rude to not tip certain people, food delivery drivers, barber, waiter, taxi driver, bartender, etc.
              No. Down here they smartly include the cost in the actual cost. How hard is that to do in America? Make the service charge mandatory. That's why they love you foreigners down here for tipping. It's like getting double paid.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                its their choice to work there. i myself, dont believe in tip. your ass is suppose to service me, that's your damm job!! you want a tip, go and talk to your manager about it.
                True but I don't know anything about their lives or why they ended up in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by BΣRϟΣRKΣR View Post
                  This isn't England where being a waitress is a highly prized job. You'd have to learn to order in Spanish cause if it didn't pay more with the tips no one would do it.
                  Most waitresses here would be on a minimum wage unless they work in a fancy restaurant. It's hardly a highly prized job.

Anyway, most waiters and waitresses do get tipped here in the UK. Restaurants are basically the only place where it's pretty much the done thing to give a tip.

I find most people would round something up though, like if a taxi is £8, most will just give the £10 note and say keep the change, but it's not an expected thing and plenty don't do it. Even in the restaurant, a lot of people probably just round it up to the nearest 5 or something rather than work out a %.

Also, plenty of restaurants here already add a service charge onto the bill anyway but i'm sure that doesn't even go to the waiter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    $21.35 for your pizza be $25 regardless with that BS "delivery fee" that is not even for the deliveryman, it's the delivery fee for Papa John's, Domino's, Pizza Hut company. Pisses me off but I still tip the delivery guy. You need to prepare to spend like $6-7 in delivery fees/tips for top brand pizza nowadays.

You see Chinese food have "free delivery" so it's easier to say **** it, and just tip them well, cause the company isn't charging you $3-5 for delivery.
                    Yeah it sucks. Whenever I order pizza I pretty much go with Dominos cause they have that 2 medium 2 topping pizzas for $5.99 and add wings for $5.99. So $18 plus the delivery fee will probably make it around $21. If I have singles I'll probably give them $24 and call it a day. Sometimes you don't have singles and give them a $5 and you feel guilty asking for change so you just let them have it lol.

Damn $18 order turned into a $25 order just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      True but I don't know anything about their lives or why they ended up in that position.

Some men are just too dumb or aren't qualified to work anywhere else. Some women are too ugly or too fat to work at a strip club, or get paid to finger themselves in front of a webcam.

I tip really well though, that kind of almost justifies me thinking like a judgmental assh0le.

Comment

Working...
                      X