Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix "Ozark" [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the first 4 episodes......I'm done though. The gay FBI character is ridiculous. .. there isn't any character that the wife and i care for ...they are all unlikable. That daughter is freaking weird looking. .is she a tranny? Bateman is good although a serious creep as the father.

Comment

Just finished watching episode 7 last night. So far, so good. Though episode 6 was damn near a **** episode, so don't be watching this one with kids around.

I don't need to like characters to enjoy a show, and the character development on this one is very good. Each time a new character is introduced you have to wonder how they will impact the story towards the end. I'm really curious about the old guy who lives in their basement. He's an intriguing character and I think he will play an important role in how this all unfolds towards the end. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        I've been thinking about watching it but I read it doesn't have the humor of BB which is kind of a let down. Then again, I guess I should watch it for myself and decide how funny or not funny it is. Going to check it out.
        Stop watching after the gay shjt. BB didn't have none of that stuff thrown in your face.

Comment

thanks for the heads up, i'm going to chk it out.

Comment

The defender comes out on Netflix this weekend anybody gonna check it out?

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              Stop watching after the gay shjt. BB didn't have none of that stuff thrown in your face.
              Yeah, man. Me, too. I love The Wire but they were pretty gay-happy too which I thought took away from it. They can hint at Omar being gay without showing him swap slobber with another thug in pink pants.

Nevertheless, yeah. It's getting hard to watch any of the shows now since it is thrown in your face on just about all of them. BB never did and that definitely made it better.

They haven't included a gay storyline on Better Call Saul either yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. They waited until about season five I think to bring it into the Walking Dead. They also included it on Sons of Anarchy and even the Sopranos. I'm like, man. The gay population is so small. Why does such a tiny demographic need to be represented on every single damn show?

Maybe it's just the trend of the times. I hope the trend dies in the next ten years or they at least ease up on it. Why would a straight dude watching a crime show want to see THAT?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                Watched the first 4 episodes......I'm done though. The gay FBI character is ridiculous. .. there isn't any character that the wife and i care for ...they are all unlikable. That daughter is freaking weird looking. .is she a tranny? Bateman is good although a serious creep as the father.
                I made it through the first three. The gay ****, couple with, as you pointed out, how unlikable they all are, just killed it for me. Laura Linney is a fine actress but they are using her in a very lowdown way. She cheated on her husband and justifies it of course as I'm sure the show will end up making her right about and she's cusses at every turn. Bateman's character is cool as far as him being good at business but he is a creepy father for sure. If the daughter turns out to be a tranny, I wouldn't be surprised at all. For me to keep watching a series, I have to like the characters and I just don't like any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                  I made it through the first three. The gay ****, couple with, as you pointed out, how unlikable they all are, just killed it for me. Laura Linney is a fine actress but they are using her in a very lowdown way. She cheated on her husband and justifies it of course as I'm sure the show will end up making her right about and she's cusses at every turn. Bateman's character is cool as far as him being good at business but he is a creepy father for sure. If the daughter turns out to be a tranny, I wouldn't be surprised at all. For me to keep watching a series, I have to like the characters and I just don't like any of them.
                  I don't know in what direction the show goes, but the gay FBI guy telling the redneck that he f'd men was crazy. Surely he knew how the redneck would react...I suppose there was method to his madness.

But the craziest thing was seeing the redneck with a fly fishing pole! That would not happen on this planet. If the FBI guy asked for a BASS fishing guide that would make sense. Rednecks don't fly fish. PERIOD.

Comment

First episode is awesome, really gritty and intense.

But the more you get to know the characters the less enjoyable it is. Bateman is awesome but his family is possibly mentally handicap.

Overall 4/10.

Comment

Finished episode 10 (season/series finale) last night. Pretty intense. Not sure if this is coming back for another season, but I'd follow it. I always liked Bateman, and he did a good job with this series.

Comment

Working...
                      X