No announcement yet.

Netflix "Ozark" [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
    was a good watch got kinda predictable towards teh end.
    well do you expect him to get killed by the cartel? duh

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      well do you expect him to get killed by the cartel? duh
      naw obviously not the main character but the twist and direction they taking the storyline was obvious.

Comment

I'm three episodes in. This is getting to be a struggle. May not watch another episode for a minute. The characters are hard to like. Plus we have the usual feminist woman in charge bs with the redneck girl's clan and the guy getting decked by the girl(more feminism) and some dude getting a bj from another dude. I mean, it's hard to like any of this predictable ****. Just my thoughts. May see the fourth episode, but eh. Breaking Bad this is clearly not. Not even close.

Comment

Can't read through the thread because I don't want to spoil it but I finished the second episode.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            Can't read through the thread because I don't want to spoil it but I finished the second episode.
            enjoy watching Mr.Bear it gets better and better

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Here is the synopsis from Netflix

Just got into this show and, like the reviews, there's a lot of comparisons to Breaking Bad.

Without giving any spoilers, it has the same blueprint as Breaking Bad - a seemingly normal guy gets himself into a criminal enterprise. I've watched 4 eps and I'm hooked. Good acting, good characters with well written stories and plot lines.
              So he does a good serious acting job in this? Cause honestly I've never thought he was a very good actor, but I've only see him play the same character in Arrested Development and Horrible Bosses. Never seen him in anything serious. Sounds good though Ill check it out.

Comment

The official "Ozark" Thread

If you haven't seen this...you missing out like a mofka.... great freaking show.....and im not even done watching it...im bout 6 episodes in to a 10 episode first season....

If you wanna discuss spoilers go right ahead but the the human decency of throwing in a "Spoiler Alert" at the beginning of your post......don't be ***-ish

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                  So he does a good serious acting job in this? Cause honestly I've never thought he was a very good actor, but I've only see him play the same character in Arrested Development and Horrible Bosses. Never seen him in anything serious. Sounds good though Ill check it out.
                  Yes, Bateman's acting is superb in this show. Laura Linney is also very good.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Just got through ep7 last night. Similar to Breaking Bad, Ozark uses the same plot device:

Story revolves around an ordinary smark-thinking guy (in appearance) who resorts to or participates in some criminal enterprise. The protagonist is a morally sound person but compromises ethically to achieve a certain goal (usually money). Martin Byrd is hard working, family man who, for reasons unknown at this point, resorted to laundering money for a drug cartel. He's doing something highly illegal and immoral but not on the same level as a drug kingpin or cartel guy. The cartel guy murders and tortures people and sells drugs that ruin lives. The cartel guy is a much more morally depraved and evil individual.

However, in order for the ordinary guy - whether it's Walter White or Martin Byrd - to operate, succeed and survive in the criminal underworld, he must become ruthless and diabolical as his counterparts.

It's this conflict that makes these shows so intriguing.

Comment

Onto ep8 tonight

Comment

Just finished season one. Real good show!

(spoiler?)
                      That Del part at the end blew me away!

Comment

Working...
                      X