No announcement yet.

Can a case be made that Dirk Nowitizki is greater than Kobe Bryant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    People give Shaw too much credit. As if he didn't choke in Orlando. He needed Kobe to win and he needed was to win again. This conversation is pretty disrespectful I. My opinion. Kobe is far far better of a player. A prime healthy Kobe today would terrorize this league.
    Like I said, I'd pick Kobe. Most would, I'm guessing. Maybe it is disrespectful to compare him.

But Dirk was a f**king beast, man.

13 time all-star. 12 time All-NBA. Former league MVP. Former NBA Finals MVP. 6th player in league history to surpass 30,000 career regular season points. One of 7 players in league history to join the 50-40-90 club (50% plus FG percentage, 40% plus three point percentage, 90% plus FT percentage for a full season). Him and Kareem are the only two players EVER to have four consecutive 30 point, 15 rebound postseason games. Will be a first ballot shoo-in hall of famer.

He's one spot behind Wilt Chamberlain, two spots behind Michael Jordan, and 3 spots behind Kobe on the all-time scoring list.

He may not be Kobe but he's in some pretty exclusive f**king company.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      What's next, John Stockton a better PG than Magic Johnson?
      Uh..........

Magic was a better overall player.. but in no way shape or form does anyone play the PG Position better than Stockton.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        a case can be made for 40+ players being better than Kobe. The guy was a shot chucker. People latched on to him because he reminded them of Jordan with the way he talked and some of his shots. But he never came close to Jordan's level.
        Bro we know you're a blinded Lebron d*ck rider. Your boy will never be a top 10 great man... Just get over it.

He owned Lebron when he guarded him. Every... time... This is his 20th year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Like I said, I'd pick Kobe. Most would, I'm guessing. Maybe it is disrespectful to compare him.

But Dirk was a f**king beast, man.

13 time all-star. 12 time All-NBA. Former league MVP. Former NBA Finals MVP. 6th player in league history to surpass 30,000 career regular season points. One of 7 players in league history to join the 50-40-90 club (50% plus FG percentage, 40% plus three point percentage, 90% plus FT percentage for a full season). Him and Kareem are the only two players EVER to have four consecutive 30 point, 15 rebound postseason games. Will be a first ballot shoo-in hall of famer.

He's one spot behind Wilt Chamberlain, two spots behind Michael Jordan, and 3 spots behind Kobe on the all-time scoring list.

He may not be Kobe but he's in some pretty exclusive f**king company.
          I don't know much about basketball...never saw either guy play (and I live in Dallas!) but Dirk's stats alone puts him top ten All Time. I don't know how that relates to Bryant, but Dirk has publicly stated he doesn't indulge in ass sex with his beautiful wife, so maybe he below Bryant in that dubious department.

Comment

I needed a good laugh.

Comment

Dirk absolutely had more of an impact on the game than Kobe, Nowitizki changed the league to what it is today he was the original stretch 4

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                Bro we know you're a blinded Lebron d*ck rider. Your boy will never be a top 10 great man... Just get over it.

He owned Lebron when he guarded him. Every... time... This is his 20th year.
                LeQuit

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                  People give Shaw too much credit. As if he didn't choke in Orlando. He needed Kobe to win and he needed was to win again. This conversation is pretty disrespectful I. My opinion. Kobe is far far better of a player. A prime healthy Kobe today would terrorize this league.
                  Shaq was too young in orlando, you could've paired almost anybody with prime Shaq and he would've won. They nearly won in 2004 in spite of Kobe being straight up cucked by Tayshaun Prince. That series showed just how overrated Kobe was, how do you let Tayshaun Prince lock you down?

Kobe has also been locked up by Sefolosha and Allen in the playoffs as well. Really inefficient player that has always been on some really stacked teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    I don't know much about basketball...never saw either guy play (and I live in Dallas!) but Dirk's stats alone puts him top ten All Time.
                    Yeah I think people sleep on him and forget that he's the 6th highest scorer in the history of the NBA. I mean think about that...6th ALL-TIME.

The only names in NBA history ahead of him in total points are the following:

Kareem, Malone, Kobe, MJ, and Wilt. That's it. Of all-time.

Comment

And by the way...on draft day he was actually drafted by Milwaukee...and the Bucks traded him to Dallas for Robert Traylor

Comment

Working...
                      X